Do any supplements (vitamins, herbs, etc) help PsA?

I was very worried about starting Humira injections for the reasons you mentioned. After reading the insert, (I just knew I would be the one to get ALL the side effects) I was very worried about feeling worse on a day to day basis then better. After all the input, I am now looking forward to starting the injections (after I get rid of this cold). Thank you again for the support!

3 Likes

Be sure to stay with us and let us know how it goes after your injectionsā€¦for me, the first injection of Enbrel had a huge effect - affect? - and the next couple made all the difference. I didnā€™t have to wait weeks or months to get results, and I hope you donā€™t, either! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Grandma_J and I will stay in touch and I hope I have as much success! I am so happy it worked so well for you!

1 Like

Hi @Seenie, I just came across this older post. It is helping me process what is ahead. Do you still feel this way about Humira?

I just read through this thread, wow, what a great sharing of ideas!

And I still feel exactly the same about Humira. Today is my Humira day, and as I inject, I will again think positive thoughts for all of the scientists, doctors, researchers, test patients and countless others who have made this miracle possible for me and thousands of other patients.

Donā€™t expect immediate results when you start, Amos. There are a few very lucky people who wake up the next day starting to feel better. Most of us arenā€™t that lucky. After my first injection, I noticed nothing. About a month or so in, one day I noticed a very strange thing: Iā€™d suddenly have these strange little bursts of energy that ran through my system, kind of like a shiver. The first time it happened, I knew: I just knew this was working. But nothing dramatic happened. Iā€™d just find myself doing something, and then realize I hadnā€™t been able to do that in ā€¦ forever! @tntlamb has a favourtie story about something similar. Gradually, I was transformed. Then a couple of years later, gradually I went downhill.

I switched to Humira and Iā€™ve been on it for several years now. Lately Iā€™ve started to wonder whether itā€™s working as well as it was. Then again, now that my spine surgery has relieved me of that pain, maybe itā€™s just that Iā€™m on my feet and doing much more than before. Then again, thereā€™s the sore and swollen MCP I have. Never mind, lifeā€™s still good: I can do what I need to and want to do, quite comfortably most of the time.

That said, how is everyone else on this thread?
@cindybme
@bhobba
@Grandma_J
@tntlamb
@Sybil
@Poo_therapy
What a roll call! :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks Seenie, If you are available, you can all come over for coffee/tea this afternoon! :wink:

I had an amazing run with Humira! Of course I am slightly exaggerating because I still had on and off issues with rib, hand and foot pain. The most admirable relief was the chronic fatigue stopped, the fog lifted. My flexibility returned, inflammation lowered, and I felt a million miles away from where I started. I ended up getting another year of elevated dose before it became apparent that it had run its course. I had nothing from Enbrel but hope and am now on cosentyx already doubling up but hanging on. Anyway, I had a good 3 yrs I think from humira. Though my issue is realizing that my life will never be the same is the hardest, I have managed to continue working ( multiple leaves and absentee marks happen) but I also have a career that is not suitable for this disease. I love what I do and really donā€™t know how to do much else. I do know that without Humira I would have been unemployed, depressed and missed out on life that I got to enjoy as much as I can. I had cancer well before biologics and remember feeling overwhelmed with the side effects and possiblies listed but so far 3 bios in and everyone has been more gentle on my body than any of the dmards I have used. Anyway just wanted to share a little about my journey.

2 Likes

I heard a yoo-hooā€¦ LOVED LOVED LOVED Humira. What I did to PO it Iā€™ll never know. I eventually develped antibodiies (they can test for it BTW soon as it is in clinical trials, there wiil be a blood test that predicts which Biological(s) will likely be the most succesful) I moved on to Simponi Aria (pefect timing as I also started Medicare)It worked well but I kept comparing to Humira. Iā€™m currently on Remicade. They had to up my dosage to get enough effect on t P, but am looking to change. The remicade is working fine but I am not happy with the new dosing schedule. Its a two day process. It now is a 4 hour session at the infusion Center. They have cut out cupcakes because of the Covid. And I sleep for about 36 hours after the infusionā€¦ I really miss the Humira!!!

2 Likes