Cryotherapy

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried cryotherapy? I've been looking into it and it seems promising.

Cryotheraphy is where you're put in a chamber at -200 F for 3 minutes. It's supposed to elicit an anti inflammatory response and treat pain. I did find this study done on people with PsA and rheumatoid arthritis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18548207

I wonder how many treatments you would need and how long the effects last after last treatment.

I'd be worried I would get frostbite! I think it takes a brave soul to willingly endure such cold temperatures. It's 3F here in Indiana this morning and it's set to be -2F tomorrow morning. These temperatures make my body feel worse not better. But I suppose my walk between my car and my office is hardly a clinical trial!

I live in Vermont- enough cryotherapy for me!

Swiss Miss

Interesting. Thanks for sharing the article.

For what it is worth, I spent a few months in the antarctic at a science station & it doesn't seem to have inoculated me from this illness. Perhaps I should have taken the polar plunge but at the time, not plunging into freezing water seemed the 'healthy' option ;)

WOW! That's all I can say.

dandlyons said:

For what it is worth, I spent a few months in the antarctic at a science station