Chat with Presence feature

Well I hate to say this again but really WE HAVE CHAT Its now built in, no log in no off site, and no seperate registration! To chat just hit the chat button above…

BUT before you do read this.

There are lots of pictures etc and it seems more difficult than it is. BUT ITS NOT. really all you need do is once you open the chat thread just leave it open. Expand it or shrink it with the arrow in the upper right hand corner:

Once you do the chatters avatars will magically appear. If you have once posted and choose to track it the little bubbles will appear at the top in your notifications to let you know someone is talking.

Oh, I finally figured out how this works (I think)!

1 Like

Perhaps we could chat Grandma_J? I need to practice and you are this week’s lucky winner! Perhaps we could pm re. a possible practice time? (Don’t worry, I wouldn’t keep you long, just seeing it in action would be great!)

OK, so now I can chat on here… but… I don’t seem to be able to shrink the chat window without losing it completely, nor do I see list of those present in chat… maybe my out of date system?

If no one has the chat box open, it won’t show anyone present, but don’t let that deter you start chating anyway and leave a reply open. Folks will get a notice if they have participated in chat.

You may have a small box that disappears into the abyss. Just mke it larger by left clicking and holding the gizmo in the middle and scrolloing it up then when you shrink the header will stay

You can shrink it or just and it will look like the snip below click on the blue to expand it:

Sorry I didn’t realize I didn’t tell you all about the ability to resize the reply box. That little gizmo appears on lots of sites and places now its one of the new “metro widgets” like the hamburger menu etc so that web sites will look similar on mobile or desk top

Okay then several days without my lap top in Vegas, lead to a revelation while at the roulette table (seenie and Dennis went to bed lucky folk) On the mobile version there is now a big green Chat button on the top left of the screen. My aha moment didn’t reveal how to put it on the right. Such is life.

1 Like