Blood results

Ok guys need your input here, my doctor just rang me about my blood results that I had done last week,
He was asking me if I was unwell, I told him mild headaches and nausea,
He said that my liver and all other results were all out, except for iron count, what does this mean for me, I’m on it
Since 20th sept(metoxtrate) I have to see him in the morning and he will
Send me to rheumy, I am a but worried now 

Worrying will do you no good today. When I was put on mexthotrxate, I had to start taking fokic acid, b-12 shots, iron, and vitamin D (massive amounts of all of them). Methotrexate depletes your body of these and unfortunately, no amount of food intake can replace the loss. I have headaches and nausea the day I inject my methotrexate and usually a day or two afterward; you're probably experiencing some of the side effects from it.

Keep your face towards the sun today and a smile on your face because tomorrow you'll have the answers you need! Let us know what your doctor says!

That’s very nice of you Ann Marie, thank you, of course
I will let you know how I get on, I’m just frightened in case
The take me off methoxtrate if I’m reacting to it already,
I’m do find a little improvement, but still a long way from, no pain
At all, thanks again and I will update u tomorrow 

anne marie said:

Worrying will do you no good today. When I was put on mexthotrxate, I had to start taking fokic acid, b-12 shots, iron, and vitamin D (massive amounts of all of them). Methotrexate depletes your body of these and unfortunately, no amount of food intake can replace the loss. I have headaches and nausea the day I inject my methotrexate and usually a day or two afterward; you’re probably experiencing some of the side effects from it.

Keep your face towards the sun today and a smile on your face because tomorrow you’ll have the answers you need! Let us know what your doctor says!

Hi, just to update you all, my doctor as of this morning, due to my blood test results, took me of methox, as my bloods are very bad, i have appointment to see my rumatologist on thursday so he will make a decision as what to do next, so i will miss my next dose, has this happend to anybody else that they had to change meds as they had a bad reaction (blood wise) to it.???

Hi SJG,

I've not had to stop MTX due to bad reactions but please don't let your situation worry you too much. The biologics, like Enbrel and Humira, can be very effective for some people. Most insurance companies want you to stick to MTX for a while before they allow the more expensive drugs like Enbrel, unless there is a sound medical reason not to. And in your case, it sounds like MTX is making your liver rather unhappy, so you insurance may allow it sooner, rather than later. For myself, I've had some luck with a combination of MTX and Enbrel - not great, but better than nothing.

I know that you are received your diagnosis just recently. This site is a great resource, as everyone has a different story with different symptoms and different medications. That is one of the frustrating things about PsA is that so much of the treatment is trial and error to find the thing or things that work best for you. I wish you luck in getting your meds sorted! Keep us posted on how things go next week with the rheumatologist.

Hello guys just to update you, I went to my rhumytoligist today and he took me of methoxtrate straight away
He says my body isn’t liking it at all, he gave me Kenal injection think that’s the name of it and also injection into SI joint in my back,
I have to have to have tb tests and then starting humira injections every
Two weeks, hope this is going to be better option, :slight_smile:

Andrea said:

Hi SJG,

I’ve not had to stop MTX due to bad reactions but please don’t let your situation worry you too much. The biologics, like Enbrel and Humira, can be very effective for some people. Most insurance companies want you to stick to MTX for a while before they allow the more expensive drugs like Enbrel, unless there is a sound medical reason not to. And in your case, it sounds like MTX is making your liver rather unhappy, so you insurance may allow it sooner, rather than later. For myself, I’ve had some luck with a combination of MTX and Enbrel - not great, but better than nothing.

I know that you are received your diagnosis just recently. This site is a great resource, as everyone has a different story with different symptoms and different medications. That is one of the frustrating things about PsA is that so much of the treatment is trial and error to find the thing or things that work best for you. I wish you luck in getting your meds sorted! Keep us posted on how things go next week with the rheumatologist.

Good to hear you are getting some help today. Hope your start feeling better soon! I do a TB test every year, its more trouble to go get/read than the time it actually takes for a lab tech to inject in your skin.

Have my fingers crossed (ha, ha! I tried) that Humira will be your "wonder drug"!