Biologic Drugs help with pain but not inflammation in psoriatic arthritis (say it ain't so !)

www.arthritistreatmentcenter.com

Biologic Drugs help with pain but not inflammation in psoriatic arthritis Nancy Walsh writing in Medpage Today reported on a study presented at the annual meeting of the American College of Rheumatology. "Psoriatic arthritis patients on biologic therapy reported a decrease in pain, but magnetic resonance imaging of their joints showed that there was still active disease," in "29 patients who responded to treatment with Humira, the patient perception of pain dropped markedly," however, bone erosion scores on MRI increased.

http://video.healio.com/video/Biologics-Help-With-Pain-but-No;Healio-com-Rheumatology-Videos

Added 2012-07-27

I have been reviewing the articles and videos on the Helio Rhuematology page that I discovered n twitter. There are some interesting things there.

I am not sure what to make of this particular bit of information. My experience with Humira, so far, is that I don't think it is working for me. Not even a little.

That sounds like a very limited study.