Beyond PsA

We talk mainly about PsA and related topics here. I'd like to, for a moment, leave PsA behind and talk about ourselves beyond PsA. So...what are five things about you that have nothing to do with PsA?

I'll start:

1. I have 10 tattoos and purple hair.

2. I strive to be a radical homemaker and radical unschooler.

3. I love to read, listen to music, and write.

4. I have five kids, ages 13, 11, 9, 6 and 4 and babysit kids ages 8 months, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (although usually not all on the same day). One of my kids has Aspergers, one has undiagnosed chronic fatigue and joint pain (possible PsA or celiac), and several who have food allergies.

5. I'm co-founder of a nonprofit organization (www.mindfulvillage.org) and volunteer with other non-profit organizations and in my church.

What are five things about you? Do you have any questions for me or anyone else? :)

Neat idea, Nym!

Not in any order of importance, or even important at all... let's see....

1. Live in Canada

2. Used to be a singer

3. Worked with horses most of my life

4. am a member of the Baha'i Faith

5. Never raised any kids at all... totally opposite to you! wow, that's a lot of kids in your life... kudos to you!

I'm going to go to your website, then maybe i'll have questions about that.... I do love radical approaches to life.

Hi Nym,

What a great idea. Here are mine, also not in any order of importance.

1. I have 3 tattoos and purple-ish hair. I want to get another tattoo, but time and money never seem to marry.

2. I have two kids 9 and 3

3. I love to cook, crochet and I am rediscovering my love of sewing. I guess I love creating. My brownies are to die for!

4. I live in Australia

5. I'm a bit of a geek. I love sci-fi, fantasy and Dr Who is my all time favourite!

So that is me in a nutshell - Out of a nushell I am even stranger :)

Nancy - I love horses and my 9 year old daughter is obsessed with horses. She took riding lessons for a couple years, paying for them with her own money.

Louise - Yay for tattoos and purplish hair! :) I'd love to get another tattoo or three, but have the same time/money problem.

1. I am mom and stepmom to 4 grown girls.
  2. I am a Personnel Manager and love working
    with the people and helping them out.
  3. I am an A.B.A.T. E. of MN member and love doing the charity
    rides when I can sit on the back of a bike long enough.
  4. I like to be outside and at the lake having good company and campfires and love a good book.
  5. Yard work and Antiquing are my favorite pass times, and last but not least I have 5 tattoos and
    A German Shepherd I couldn’t live without.

Michelle

Oops, I can’t forget my wonderful husband!!

Michelle said:

1. I am mom and stepmom to 4 grown girls. 2. I am a Personnel Manager and love working
with the people and helping them out.
3. I am an A.B.A.T. E. of MN member and love doing the charity
rides when I can sit on the back of a bike long enough.
4. I like to be outside and at the lake having good company and campfires and love a good book.
5. Yard work and Antiquing are my favorite pass times, and last but not least I have 5 tattoos and
A German Shepherd I couldn’t live without.

Michelle

Oh yes, I do have a question... can't get on the website.. so, what is mindful village?

Hmmm...not sure why you can't get on.

Mindful Village is a non-profit organization that focuses on building a nurturing community for families and individuals who choose conscious, compassionate parenting and informed natural living choices. We discuss everything from childbirth, breastfeeding, diapering, and parenting to nutrition, health, politics, religion and lots more. We encourage people to research decisions they make in their lives so they can make informed choices, hopefully choosing to tread lightly on the earth and choose a mindful path.

Thanks for the great idea Nym:

1) I am a Christian

2) I have a wonderful husband that is 16 years my senior

3) I have 2 awsome children (girl;34 and boy;30) and one fantastic grandson who is 4 3/4 y/o with an IQ of 150 ( we are in real trouble getting this one raised, LOL)

4) I love to read, crochet and garden (have had to change to container gardening)

5) I am an Air Force Brat; the youngest of 3 (mom & dad) + 4 (dad's 1st marriage); I was raised pretty much as an only child, ( I am the afterthought child) ; went to 15 schools in 10 years.

1) I am a 47 year old homeschooling mom of 2 boys ages 13 and 10 and have been married going on 23 years this July.

2) I love to cook, and before kids I loved making art of all kinds, but mainly acrylic paintings

3) hats off to @Louise - I am also a sci-fi/ epic fantasy nut

4) lived in Pgh all my life until last Jun when we moved to NC

5) I love to do things to my house - I'm not afraid of power tools, but my efforts will have to wait until my hands are better

6) I've been an active cub/ and boy scout leader for over 7 years at the local, district, and council level

7) I like to help others

Hi great idea Nym

1. I live in a small community in the mountains of British Columbia Canada

2. I love to read anything , garden, sew and knit, cook and bake. I especially love to preserve all my own food as much as I can.

3. I have two children 33 and 30 complete with spouses and 2 young grandchildren.

4. I have been married for 36 years to a wonderful guy. love him to bits.

5. I have no tattoos, do not have purple hair :)

You gals rock with all your hard work with children and others!

My fav TV show is "the walking dead" yea I know weird eh? I don't watch TV much at all. Maybe 2 hours a week 4 if there is a good movie on.

We don't watch much tv either - we actually don't watch commercial tv and don't have cable. We watch things on Netflix or online.

Nice to get to know everyone a little more indepth. :)

1) I'm a total gamer girl. I love action and RPG. My MMO of choice right now is DCUO. (I've set up my hot keys to minimise any pain in my finger joints.) :)

2) I speed read and go through many books every week. I love historical fiction, social sciences, psychology, education, and sci-fi. Thank goodness for my ereader and iPad as I'd be knee-deep in books otherwise.

3) I have a wonderful husband who is also a teacher, and two fabulous kids aged 7 and 5 - both named after scientists. :)

4) I also have PTSD from abuse I "survived" as a child. I'm lucky to have gotten a lot of support over the years from a fantastic adoptive family.

5) I'm an atheist.

Nice change.
I am happily married for the seond time to a wonderful man…been together 16 years
Raise 5 children together (his and mine) all are loved as they are my own
Love to read about anything
Love love to cook and of course eat
A homebody now, something I thought I would never be
Struggling with both of us being unemployed
Survived several types of abuse but survied so I can survive this