Better

Much better today have started back on Aleve has helped with the inflamation. My feet and knees are still hurting but I can take it. I do wish there was a med out there I could take that could slow down the progression of this. Everyday I wake i wonder whats going to happen with me today. Right now I take morphine extended and morphine for break thru with the Aleve and it still doesn't take away all the pain.

Hello rtiller, Glad to hear you are feeling better. Any relief is better then no relief that's what I always say. To my knowledge the only way to slow this disease down is immune suppresants. I am about to start infusions of remacade. I hear scarey things about it but it suppose to work wonders. What medications have you tried?

It's great that you're feeling well enough to cope. It's sad that sometimes that's the best we can hope for.

We're still trying to figure out what works for me. I just started remicade, so we'll see how that does. My si joint / back/neck/chest need to stop fusing!!!

Glad you are getting some relief. . . Dunno why but naproxyn is one of my favorites still. See if your doc will give you a script for the prescription strength. It and dicloflonec are on Wal- marts $4.00 list (10.00 for 90 days worth. . .)

BTW nym, I hear you on the fusion, but work on your posture (I know you do, but keep it up) stay straight. The pain goes away when fusion happens. Especially the SI’s, They only move 5 degrees or so, so you don’t lose much. I’ll continue to pray for you and your kiddos, you are much to young for this stuff.

I'm not sure if I did that right. Did you get a message from me. I'm pretty much lost around here, but I'm working on it.

Elizabeth Rodriquez said:

Hello rtiller, Glad to hear you are feeling better. Any relief is better then no relief that's what I always say. To my knowledge the only way to slow this disease down is immune suppresants. I am about to start infusions of remacade. I hear scarey things about it but it suppose to work wonders. What medications have you tried?

Well i can tell you that when I was on remecade I felt like it was a miracle drug. Some days I felt great! I still had bad days but nothing like it was before I started on it. Be careful it is a powerful drug. That's the one that brought out my infection that made me very sick.

nym said:

It's great that you're feeling well enough to cope. It's sad that sometimes that's the best we can hope for.

We're still trying to figure out what works for me. I just started remicade, so we'll see how that does. My si joint / back/neck/chest need to stop fusing!!!

Ok thanks. I didn't know the dr. has a presript. for it. Is it stronger? I haven't heard of the other.

tntlamb said:

Glad you are getting some relief. . . Dunno why but naproxyn is one of my favorites still. See if your doc will give you a script for the prescription strength. It and dicloflonec are on Wal- marts $4.00 list (10.00 for 90 days worth. . .)

BTW nym, I hear you on the fusion, but work on your posture (I know you do, but keep it up) stay straight. The pain goes away when fusion happens. Especially the SI's, They only move 5 degrees or so, so you don't lose much. I'll continue to pray for you and your kiddos, you are much to young for this stuff.

Rtiller, I'm glad that you're feeling better. Better is good. I wish there was some miracle drug that could wipe all pain away.

Are you not taking any of the drugs to help slow down the disease? I know that taking them is kind of like robbing Peter to pay Paul, but maybe it's time to rob Peter?