Are these side effects from Humira, MTX or do I just feel crappy?

Hi all! I’ve been on Mtx for 2+ yrs & Humira for 1+ yr (now once/week) for PsA, RA. The PsA is nicely controlled but still have lots of pain & stiffness. Took my shot & 1/2 my Mtx pills last nite & today I feel terrible! Headache, dizzy, legs feel like lead, heavy eyes. I’ve never had SE like these, have you? Do you get side eff. from these meds? Maybe I’m just getting sick?

Hey TrishyDee,

while, of course, you may well be coming down with something else, the side effects you describe sound like what happened to me every single time I took MTX. Try drinking a BOAT LOAD of water. No kidding. Lamb writes about it all the time and I have to say when on MTX I did drink far more water than I ever thought was possible. It might really help with the headache and eye heaviness. Sorry you're feeling so cruddy.

It does sound like similar side effects that I had during the time I was on MTX. I agree with janeatiu....and as Lamb would say...drink a lot of water! I found the heavy leg, body feeling decreased over the course. Hopefully in time your body will adapt and you will start to feel better.