Another day begins

Scott we have you surrounded bwhahaehahahah Lucky for you Lamb came to the rescue :)

scotch belach yuck yucky yuck an aquired taste I guess Hubby had one very peaty smelling Now that one I could smell not taste though.On one of my many travelswhen I could run through airports in a single bound, I found a pint of scotch that hubby would not share with anyone.We have forgotten the name but I am hopeful to find it again one day

Scott said:

can

Thanks Lamb. Lots of great info. I really appreciate it.

Interestingly enough, I am a member of M.M.S. Manchester Malt Society. Same set-up. Professionals tasting Scotch among other things. Too funny!

Hi Scott, hope you are feeling better. I can SOOOOO relate to your post...nobody quite gets it. I too need 30 minutes to get moving, back, elbows, hands and feet are all so stiff and flare so badly I cannot get going for a long while. It's like I am stiff as a board. Please don't let the anger overtake you...it's not going to do you any good. I know it is hard. I can't even get a 100% diagnosis, they all "think" it could be PsA but the Rheumy I went to said no, he didn't think so, so I am back to square one with NO relief. Hang in there buddy, enjoy the time with your family as they grow up so fast and don't let this disease take one minute of your joy with your kids away from you.

Hang in there...Lainee B.

Hi Scott! I heard someone mention my name ... LOL Well, I wouldn't call myself an "expert", but I do know a bit about wine. About 10 years before retiring as a teacher, I headed back to college at night (again!) and started preparing for my retirement job. I graduated with a sommelier diploma, and after retirement I was just getting my wine ed business going when I got a PsA diagnosis and got methotrexated. My rheumy was really emphatic when she said "NO alcohol." My family doctor said "Good thing they taught you how to spit in sommelier school." (very droll, thank you). I tried to carry on with my fundraiser tastings and my private functions on a purely sip 'n spit basis, but the joy and the spontaneity were gone. I gave up. I don't "do" wine at the moment, because, emotionally, avoidance is just easier. (Even though I've always been theeeeee most moderate drinker in almost any room.)

I've been on MTX, with various other DMARDs since last September, and my liver is doing just fine. (My PsA is not better, though.) Dr. Rheumy just added leflunomide, and when she gave it to me, she said "And now you REALLY REALLY can't drink alcohol, do you hear me?" Lovely, just lovely. But I have a plan. When we find the drug combo that works for me, I hope to slooooowly re-introduce wine and find out what my liver can handle. I'm really hoping Arava's a non-starter (it's very hepatotoxic) because I'd be too frightened of what wine might do in combo with it. My next step is a biologic, and that's when I may be able to start enjoying a bit of wine again. Shhhhh...don't tell Dr. Rheumy.

Scotch! One of my most interesting "commissions" was designing a wine menu for a scotch tasting. Huh, say what? WEll, the organizers had a tasting menu of gourmet bites to go with premium scotches. A really posh/fab/expensive charity fundraising event! My job was to find and serve wine matches for the guests (like 2trees) who couldn't drink scotch. What a project ... but fun!

I talk too much. ;-) Anyway, welcome to the group.

Seenie

tntlamb said:

Seenie is the wine expert, but there are large volumes of studies coming from Sweeden and Europe (honest) that recommend regular wine drinking for arthritis. It does reduce inflamation. Your Doc of course is the best Source, It is a problem with MTX and some of the other DMRDS, but frankly the Key advantage of Enbrel is you don't need to use things. A number of sources allow on - two glasses of wine per month.

I wanted to let you know that I drank 2 beers last night with taking Enbrel for 7 weeks and was fine. No problems.