Amazing How Your Brain Works

When you cannot sleep. So I am wide awake and planning my trips out. Oh and guess what, my drug company will not ship my Humira to my hotel. I am leaving Tuesday and won't actually be home for 4 weeks. Then I am going to be home for 5 days and then am gone again for 3 weeks. I understand why it has to be so regulated but if I am giving the hotel charge of it, why can't you deliver it? You are making me fly cross country to pick up my meds and then fly out the same day, really? Oh and not once but 3 times! OK, just a little vent but I feel better. Thank you.

Can you get it from a local pharmacy before you go and take it with you? I have always had mine delivered to my house but is it possible to buy it from a local pharmacy?

I'm sorry I failed to mention that my husband will send them to me but I thought it was really stupid that drug company expected me to fly home and pick them up. No, I can't have a local fill it for me, insurance says I have to get it from the company in NH and I live in NC.

I know it’s a pain mat - really - but I carry mine halfway around the world from Australia to West Africa… The main transit point is UAE normally, but they have a poor understanding of modern medication, and some astonishing consequences, so I just go out of the way a bit to Hong Kong… Better than take some panadol and see how it goes :slight_smile:

MAT, you might want to verify your benefits. I only say this because, my insurance told me I HAD to have the Humira filled by their mail order pharmacy. My rheumatologist accidentally had my refill sent to my local pharmacy. I was able to pick it up from the local pharmacy for less because they accept the Humira copay assistance and the mail order pharmacy did not. I continued to use the local pharmacy with no problems until I was unable to use Humira anymore. It’s just a thought. If it worked for you, you could sent your rx to a national chain pharmacy and pick it up where ever you are in the country. Take THAT insurance!

I would be upset, too. They all make it sound like they'll be there for us but when we need them (Dr's or suppliers) they either aren't available or the companies won't co-operate.

Tena,
Healthcare reform will change all of that. Docs will start being more involved if they would like to be paid. Wait for it! :slight_smile:

Hey Mat,

I have my Enbrel sent to me in 90 day supplies. I live on a farm, my delivery people have left items all over the place out here like the under the mail box 1/4 mile from the house, at the gate, under the carport, on the barbeque and lastly, the front door. When I realized how expensive this was and how perishable, I just asked them to send it to the local CVS. No problem. You might ask, really sometimes you have to just call back to get somebody with a clue. No one ever suggested that there were any options at all, but a pharmacy will sign for it and take care of it. If!!!!!! you can get the sender to agree.

Good luck.

I hope you're correct! Life would be much easier on all of us!

GrumpyCat said:

Tena,
Healthcare reform will change all of that. Docs will start being more involved if they would like to be paid. Wait for it! :-)