Administering MTX in dr office now?

Went to go pick up the injectable MTX at the pharmacy yesterday they told me it now has to be administered at the dr office so they will not be selling me the needles any more. When did this change for weekly administering?

Yikes. Hadn’t heard of that. Got my needles a week ago, no problems. I’m in Canada.

1 Like

That sounds like a total pain in the rear end. It also does not sound right. By that logic diabetics would have to live their doctor’s offices. I suspect they had wrong information. If there were a change in your ongoing prescription, you should have been notified about that and it sounds like you weren’t. I might start with the pharmacy and start asking questions there

And then I started thinking about it and realized that methotrexate is of course toxic to pregnancies and you live in Tennessee. I don’t know if this is a problem in the state as a whole or if it’s a problem just with smaller pharmacies. This is related to abortion laws I suspect.

1 Like

going to the doctor this afternoon to get this cleared up

That’s a good plan. Let us know

spoke to the doctor and they got it worked out that the pharmacy will allow me to purchase the syringes through them. they won’t go into detail on why it was this way but said they forwarded them all the necessary paperwork so it is the system.

i had a terrible gi issue for the tablets last week and he wanted me to switch to injectable before ditching it all together. we will see how it goes.

1 Like

I’m glad you got it worked out