A slightly new look

In the next few day's you will be seeing a few changes to the discussion area of the site. The mod team has decided that with the growing membership that we need to make things a little easier to find. We are setting up several new Categories in addition to the two we have (recommend a doc and General)

We will have a FAQ section. Please if there is a question you have send it to one of the mods and we will get it answered and/or add it to the page.

We have also added a new member intro section so new members can introduce themselves share a bit of their story and be welcomed all of us. be sure and welcome all our new members. In the meantime while not introduce you self now.

We will be changing the default view to "Categories" on your discussions page. You have the option of changing it for yourself back to the chronological view we have now.\

Thank you all for your support of Bens Friends and while you are at it click an ad or two. Its one of the ways we support this site.

"We will have a FAQ section. Please if there is a question you have send it to one of the mods and we will get it answered and/or add it to the page."

Does this mean that ALL questions will go through moderators only, and not be opened to others for discussion? What will be open to discussion?

Questions about the forum how it works etc etc.

I think a FAQ is a great idea. I know it will be a lot of work for the mods, but it will cut down on repetition and help new members who don't feel comfortable speaking up right away.

Okay I made the change what you are seeing now when you choose "discussion" is one of several looks we'll be trying out. IF you like the old look (all the threads in chronological order,) don't despair in the search box top the right there is a pull down menu just choose discussion and it will be back to the old way.

A quick caution though if you don't choose a category for a new discussion, it will go to General and we may have to move it.

We have several new categories to be added and will be moving some of the more recent threads into some of them and even some of the classics. There are some great discussions here and our hope is that they will be more easily found. Not to mention we all have bad fingers. Retyping the same response gets hard....If the "wisdom exists" lets use it....

I think that’s a great idea :slight_smile:

I have a question about Badges. I don't know how to add it to my page or blog. Is there information somewhere that explains this?

tntlamb said:

Questions about the forum how it works etc etc.

Nym is the expert but try this andy:

http://discussion.livingwithpsoriaticarthritis.org/forum/topics/how-to-make-our-community?commentId=6339595%3AComment%3A13808

No pull down menu in my search box at the top right…

I had a hard time finding it too.

There is a 2nd search box below the big green banner with all the white words in it.

From left to right, below that big green banner you should see "search" then "sort by" then "view". Under "view" you can choose "discussions" or "categories".

It is NOT all the way on the right of the page, and on my screen, all of these choices are about 3/4 way down the screen.

Cheryl (CLR) said:

No pull down menu in my search box at the top right...

Thanks Marietta
Oops, not working on second search bar eith. maybe it is bc i am using an ipad??

Marietta said:

I had a hard time finding it too.

There is a 2nd search box below the big green banner with all the white words in it.

From left to right, below that big green banner you should see “search” then “sort by” then “view”. Under “view” you can choose “discussions” or “categories”.

It is NOT all the way on the right of the page, and on my screen, all of these choices are about 3/4 way down the screen.

Cheryl (CLR) said:

No pull down menu in my search box at the top right…