6 month flare up

I have had PSA for 30 years. I have had bad times but normally I find a new drug or relief in weeks/months. I have not been able to find relief. I am on cosentex now and already tried cimzia. My best drug ever was Humira, worked for 5 years and I could so anything but those days are gone. was on remacaide after humira and it worked okay until I became allergic and almost dies after leaving treatment, my airway was closing.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

currently on:

methotrexate 20 mg

sulfasalasine

15 mg prednisone

cosentyx - on first shot after loading dose

Diclofenac

I have NEVER had a flare up for 6 months that even prednisone can barely solve.

Thank You for your help

I would ask for a Adalimumab Activity and Neutralizing Antibody ARUP test code 2011248 blood test. Sometimes Humira just quits working for a season for no apparent reason. Rarely is because you have formed antibodies. If not, it often starts working again after a "vacation." The test is to determine the cause of "Secondary response failure."

There is also a test for type 1 interferon being done in some medical centers than can help predict which type of biologic is most effective. Its application to PsA isn't fully determined yet however.

Thank You. Is test still valid even though I have been off Humira for 3+ years?

tntlamb said:

I would ask for a Adalimumab Activity and Neutralizing Antibody ARUP test code 2011248 blood test. Sometimes Humira just quits working for a season for no apparent reason. Rarely is because you have formed antibodies. If not, it often starts working again after a "vacation." The test is to determine the cause of "Secondary response failure."

There is also a test for type 1 interferon being done in some medical centers than can help predict which type of biologic is most effective. Its application to PsA isn't fully determined yet however.

IF you have antibodies yes. Unless you have antibodies, why not give it a try? What have you got to loose?