29 year old; new diagnosis; hopefully starting Enbrel

This is a great point, @Jen75. As I’ve mentioned before, my rheumy only allows one specific type of antibiotic and lets me keep a prescription on hand in case I get sick with a bacterial infection. It often happens after travelling and picking up some kind of bug! This way I don’t have to wait for an appointment or a nurse to call me back which would only serve to delay the inevitable treatment protocol he follows.

Thanks again, all. We’ve sent a message to our rheumy and orthopedist about corticosteroid injections. In the meantime, my husband’s had a sad/scary setback: yesterday he fell at work pretty hard and is now in pain across the left side of his upper body, in addition to his bad hip, knee, and foot pain. I wish I could make this better for him :frowning: He’s taking his second shot of Enbrel tomorrow and I feel like we are living between shots, just hoping that the next one will be the time he starts to feel better.

Luckily he didn’t have any kind of reaction! It was a bit nerve-wracking the first time but afterwards he said it wasn’t a big deal, so that was a relief :slight_smile: