Symptoms of PSA

Immigration has had much to do with the re emergence of diseases that were once thought eradicated thanks to immunization.Glad the Biologics helped you .My Dr has warned the opposite and for now I think I will trust him as he also worked for Dr Brown, a leading expert in arthritic conditions from Johns Hopkins, when he was employed by a Pharmaceutical Company in research on same.

BTW just got off the phone with the Editor of a leading Health Journal for Medical Professionals .He organizes summits in DC combining both Scientific Medical Researchers,,Physicians ,Nurses and Pharmaceutical personal..

While there maybe no cure, there are natural methods and substances that control the symptomolgy that stems from increased infammation.

I prefer to consult with those in the business rather than just grabbing bits and pieces from the internet. Thought perhaps the links might be helpful to someone and really , lengthy pubic hair is not very hygienic!

Sorry.

tntlamb said:

I think an article on PsA that shares a page on how to safely trim pubic hair is an incredible resource on how to best manage a disease that goes way beyond sore joints and some erosions but attacks also every major organ in your body without your knowledege is a wonderful resource......

Why bother with years of research, schooling, studies when all you need to do is grab bits and piece off the interrnt and make a cool slide show.

Diet is a part everything but as far as natural cure? There is NOTHING that has been cured naturally, but the we have been able to succesfully eradicate one disease in the history of the world (are close on a second) We were pretty close with pertussis and measles in this country until a rival manufacturesadmitted plot spread through the internet like wildfire and convinced folks to stop immunizing their children and go natural.....

I have recently discovered a company called TRIVAREN and the products are amazing. They are all natural. They are completely safe with any prescription meds. My dog has arthritis and my vet gave her a product called GATA. She had been on Mobic. Within 2 weeks she was like a different dog. I started taking the GATA and it has helped me immensely. I went to a meeting for Trivaren and I am now a distributor. It is not advertised or sold in stores-only word of mouth. It is based here in North Alabama and is now sold in all 50 states and 7 other countries. People that start on these products tell everyone else and then they want it. They have GATA, GATA lotion, IMMUNE, BALANCE, TRIM and HEART. I myself have been suffering from arthritis for years and am allergic to everything that has been tried except MTX and it does not stop all of the pain. Since being on these Trivaren products I have an amazing amount of energy and after only 1 month am seeing a difference in the amount of pain I have. The GATA lotion is just beyond words-go see for yourself. Go to Trivaren.com and click on products and read about them. If interested please get back with me and I will give you my website to order and if you are like me-become a distributor!!! I will guide you through the process. This arthritis thing is for the birds. I have a double fusion in my back from degenerative disc disease. I met a lady at the meeting with the same problem whocould'nt even stand up straight and she began GATA and she is walking around like a teenager and in no pain. She is off ALL arthritis meds, high blood pressure meds--it is just amazing. We all have to stick together and help each other out. Take my word and go read about these products!!!! You will be impressed!!! Cheri

I know what yā€™all are dealing with, having lived with the PsA part of the disease for the past decade, and having had P since my early 20s.

Iā€™ve been on pretty near everything, other than all of the new biologics, to try and control either or both parts of the disease, but never could quite keep it under control with the medication. I even relocated to the warmer coast to see if that would help me with managing my disease.

Whatā€™s worked for me, better than anything, was adding a juicing regime into my daily diet. I juice mainly veggies, with some fruits, making a daily ā€œtonicā€ that I consume over 3-4 daily ā€œdosesā€. I use specific veggies that support and balance the immune system, like carrots, beets, apples, kale, parsley, ginger, lemon, etcā€¦ I consume approx 1.5-2 quarts of juice over the course of the day.

Iā€™ve been at this regime almost a year and a half now, and have basically taken my fairly aggressive PsA into a sustained remission. Iā€™ve long stopped taking any medicationsā€¦about a year since Iā€™ve taken any DMARD. Iā€™ve been working on healing my gut from a decade of NSAID usage, which has been so helpful at my overall health.

The healing has quite frankly been remarkable! Iā€™ve taken photos documenting the progress, as Iā€™ve had really bad psoriatic nails over the years, and lots of inflammation in the DIP joints, and the photos comparing the difference is dramatic!

Iā€™m happy to help share what Iā€™ve learned, in hopes it can help others get some control over their diseases.

Thanks Cheryl will check it out!

labluvver said:

I have recently discovered a company called TRIVAREN and the products are amazing. They are all natural. They are completely safe with any prescription meds. My dog has arthritis and my vet gave her a product called GATA. She had been on Mobic. Within 2 weeks she was like a different dog. I started taking the GATA and it has helped me immensely. I went to a meeting for Trivaren and I am now a distributor. It is not advertised or sold in stores-only word of mouth. It is based here in North Alabama and is now sold in all 50 states and 7 other countries. People that start on these products tell everyone else and then they want it. They have GATA, GATA lotion, IMMUNE, BALANCE, TRIM and HEART. I myself have been suffering from arthritis for years and am allergic to everything that has been tried except MTX and it does not stop all of the pain. Since being on these Trivaren products I have an amazing amount of energy and after only 1 month am seeing a difference in the amount of pain I have. The GATA lotion is just beyond words-go see for yourself. Go to Trivaren.com and click on products and read about them. If interested please get back with me and I will give you my website to order and if you are like me-become a distributor!!! I will guide you through the process. This arthritis thing is for the birds. I have a double fusion in my back from degenerative disc disease. I met a lady at the meeting with the same problem whocould'nt even stand up straight and she began GATA and she is walking around like a teenager and in no pain. She is off ALL arthritis meds, high blood pressure meds--it is just amazing. We all have to stick together and help each other out. Take my word and go read about these products!!!! You will be impressed!!! Cheri

Please share recipes and the best juicer product you have found.
grooveh said:

I know what y'all are dealing with, having lived with the PsA part of the disease for the past decade, and having had P since my early 20s.

I've been on pretty near everything, other than all of the new biologics, to try and control either or both parts of the disease, but never could quite keep it under control with the medication. I even relocated to the warmer coast to see if that would help me with managing my disease.

What's worked for me, better than anything, was adding a juicing regime into my daily diet. I juice mainly veggies, with some fruits, making a daily "tonic" that I consume over 3-4 daily "doses". I use specific veggies that support and balance the immune system, like carrots, beets, apples, kale, parsley, ginger, lemon, etc... I consume approx 1.5-2 quarts of juice over the course of the day.

I've been at this regime almost a year and a half now, and have basically taken my fairly aggressive PsA into a sustained remission. I've long stopped taking any medications...about a year since I've taken any DMARD. I've been working on healing my gut from a decade of NSAID usage, which has been so helpful at my overall health.

The healing has quite frankly been remarkable! I've taken photos documenting the progress, as I've had really bad psoriatic nails over the years, and lots of inflammation in the DIP joints, and the photos comparing the difference is dramatic!

I'm happy to help share what I've learned, in hopes it can help others get some control over their diseases.

Sure.

My daily tonic usually consists of:

6-8 carrots
1-2 beets
1-2 apples
1 lemon
1" knuckle of ginger
4 kale leaves
1-2 celery ribs
Handful of parsley

I often throw other things in as I find them at my local farmers market.

As far as the best juicer go, itā€™s honestly the one you use every day, regardless of brand or model. Iā€™ve used expensive masticating auger style juicers and inexpensive centrifugal ones. There are pros and cons of every brand out there. I currently use the jay kordich juicer as I find it easy to clean, and it serves my needs for juicing lots of greens and hard veggies like carrots.

Speaking of carrots, I go through so many of them! I have located 3-4 different carrot sources at different farmers markets around the city to make sure I can always get lots. I go through around 50lbs of carrots / month! Thankfully carrots in bulk are cheap.

Diet can play a big part in reducing symptoms like inflammation. Besides juicing do you try to eat foods that help with inflammation and avoid those that are not good, like too much sugar intake.

Since you haven't been cured, are you not worried that you can get more damage or does it not matter since you tried all the medications already. Except for the new biologics. You dont want to think about trying a biologic, staying on a low dose and continuing with juicing. Just wondering.

I generally try to avoid processed foods, and make most of my familyā€™s meals from scratch. We donā€™t eat factory meats, donā€™t eat a lot of meat as a family. My wife is Chinese, so we have a reasonable amount of Asian influenced dishes, and much more rice than potatoes. But I still like baked goods and such, although, once again, mainly made from scratch. I also try to replace or reduce sugar amounts in baked goods where possible. I belong to a grain share as well, and use a fair amount of whole grain, stone milled flours.

I donā€™t feel I need any medications, as I really donā€™t have any symptomsā€¦my PsA has basically gone away, for lack of a better word. My P is cleared up pretty much completely, and that is remarkable, considering its winter, and Iā€™m usually dealing with both at this time of year. Even my psoriatic nails are slowly returning to more normal.

We are also changing the way we eat. I find it hard to break my sweet tooth habit but ive definitely made an improvement recently. Im glad to hear you are doing so well. Very positive.

I was on MTX for a year but could not abstain from alcohol. I like my beer too much. Remember there are a few other things you can try before the Enbrel. Sulfasalazine for one can be very effective for the lucky few it works for. it did nothing for me, but everyone is different.

Haggis said:

Tntlamb that's very funny! But I can assure you I have never seen a real haggis let alone tried to deal with one but have had many a fun evening sampling some delicious single malts!
I presume you let the man back into your society?
We are all fortunate for many things and my rheumy is very good and enbrel is the last option because. "it " is not being controlled and I am quite fond of my liver. And yes aggressive before too much damage is excellent but requires the end of the denial phase.

Oh my have they turned your skin orange? Carrots will do that when consumed in large quantitites. Interesting because they are a good source of vitamin A and there is a natural med used for PsA on one of the links i posted that intrigued me because essentially it was a Vit A compound.

Thanx so much Now can you recommend a good juicer that is worth the money?

grooveh said:

Sure.

My daily tonic usually consists of:

6-8 carrots
1-2 beets
1-2 apples
1 lemon
1" knuckle of ginger
4 kale leaves
1-2 celery ribs
Handful of parsley

I often throw other things in as I find them at my local farmers market.

As far as the best juicer go, it's honestly the one you use every day, regardless of brand or model. I've used expensive masticating auger style juicers and inexpensive centrifugal ones. There are pros and cons of every brand out there. I currently use the jay kordich juicer as I find it easy to clean, and it serves my needs for juicing lots of greens and hard veggies like carrots.

Speaking of carrots, I go through so many of them! I have located 3-4 different carrot sources at different farmers markets around the city to make sure I can always get lots. I go through around 50lbs of carrots / month! Thankfully carrots in bulk are cheap.

Must be a MUCH larger quantity of carrots than I use, as Iā€™ve never experienced any orange hue to my skin. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m currently using the Jay Kordich PGP. I like it because it handles what I throw at it, from hard carrots to greens, to everything in between, and its quick to clean up afterwards, as the juicer is only a few parts, which can also be put in dishwasher.

Sugar is a downfall for me. We just ate at a local Asian restaurant and when you order the mixed stuff you just do not know how much sugar is in the mix. The same with bread. i at a McDonald's cheeseburger about ten years ago and was so shocked that i mentioned to my husband the bun tasted like a piece of pastry to me. i have Diabetic cook books and try to follow their bread making and desert recipes to limit sugar intake. Do not add it in my iced tea or coffee. either . Tyrto avoid anything processed or white .......The four mile daily walks speeded up the hip deterioration. Now i just try to do deep water exercises with no impact. my cervical spine is deteriorating and causing damage to the nerves that inervate the back muscles. The progess is slow and I rather just keep the inflammation down rather than go on any heavy duty Biologics or other meds. Diet really does impact the inflammatory pricess and my general well being is supported by eating veggies and fruits . My Dr recommended a protien and fruit shake so I use a no sugar no gluten no soy spirulina protien powder drink in lieu of meat protien. I also eat two or three eggs a week and some low fat cheeses.

Weather stress and lack of sleep also impact the inflammation for me..Sea buckthorn, tumeric, boswellia all seem to help.

I think I have things fairly under control when I stick to my regime . Flares do come occasionally.The only malformations i noted was with my hip before it was replaced and my index fingers which turn in slightly.

Am not a big fan of the NSAIDS either. Vicodin dropped the acetominophen dosage in their compounds. I only take a pill when I am in excruciating pain and it interferes with ADLs.Also find drinking lots of water flushes the system and reduces the inflammation.

beecreek said:

Diet can play a big part in reducing symptoms like inflammation. Besides juicing do you try to eat foods that help with inflammation and avoid those that are not good, like too much sugar intake.

Since you haven't been cured, are you not worried that you can get more damage or does it not matter since you tried all the medications already. Except for the new biologics. You dont want to think about trying a biologic, staying on a low dose and continuing with juicing. Just wondering.

THANX.........now I know what to ask for on my Bday! A juicer ! Now if i can just afford a new mattress. We purchased a european pillow top three years ago.BIG MISTAKE! Neither husband or I are very overweight but still there is two valleys to contend with.Everyone at the pool with srthritis tells me i should have got a sleep number bed. maybe in the next life time or when we win the lottery LOL.

grooveh said:

Must be a MUCH larger quantity of carrots than I use, as I've never experienced any orange hue to my skin. :)

I'm currently using the Jay Kordich PGP. I like it because it handles what I throw at it, from hard carrots to greens, to everything in between, and its quick to clean up afterwards, as the juicer is only a few parts, which can also be put in dishwasher.

Juice

Apples, celery and a couple of strawberries - apart from the fact that its very nice, the celery is a natural anti-inflamatory.

The only other juices i make is orange, carrot, apple and ginger (never gone organe thought!) and i love fresh pinapple with coconut milk - i know acidic foods are bad but its very delicious! I have tried juicing greens but i don't enjoy the flavour.

Dalwhinnie is the only whiskey I will drink!

agree about what you say about DMARDS and NSAIDS - I think the side effects of these medications can be worse that the disease itself.

Confused about what you said about the liver and glutens etc - should we not eat them or eat them to help the liver?
tntlamb said:

Man shows up with a 20 year single barrel, of course we let him back. But as a serious lush, (I bush the allowable limits for homebrew beer and wine in addition to the keats society) I'm very careful with my liver. That seriously was one of the reasons I moved quickly to a Biologic. The fewer DMARD's and NSAIDS that go through our bodies the better. The saftey of the biologics as opposed to others (especially predi) is a huge plus. Better disease control comes. to better than 90% within three. Over 60% get control with their first... I am convinced that the more we help out our liver, the better. that includes carbs, glutens, and most pain meds.

OBTW there isn't anything much more natural than the Biologics......

Haggis said:

Tntlamb that's very funny! But I can assure you I have never seen a real haggis let alone tried to deal with one but have had many a fun evening sampling some delicious single malts!
I presume you let the man back into your society?
We are all fortunate for many things and my rheumy is very good and enbrel is the last option because. "it " is not being controlled and I am quite fond of my liver. And yes aggressive before too much damage is excellent but requires the end of the denial phase.

Carbs, Gluten, and Pain meds are all dependent on the liver to do their deed. Throw in some whiskey and our regular meds and things can get clogged. I avoid the unnecessary Glenlivet 18 year being necessary we are Gluten free (mostly) and lo-carb