So confused,pissed off and depressed

sorry to hear about your pain and frustration as I read what you write I say to myself boy am I lucky I have my primary and rheum who both work together on all my medical needs even my psa and the other arthritis I have I know my rheum told me that if I am ever in need of anything before my appointments I am to call and tell them he told me to call and you are to get me in sooner.i know in the beginning when the psa came out of remission it hit me with avengence the first thing he did was blood work and sent me for about 12 exrays and a real good look over.still learning every day on all this that's like the with the meds some are scary but guess maybe I have come to the conclusion without them I would be getting worse faster then not.hopefully you can get in sooner be firm and don't take no for an answer god bless

Well I managed to get on the cancellation list and the secretary is supposed to speak to rhumy n get back to me …I told her she can expect several calls from me every day until I get in to c him …no one should have to suffer for a full year with pain with the meds they have available today, I’m usually a happy person and easy going, but lately I can’t stand myself so hopefully this week things will look up! A huge thank you to all of you for your support …I wouldn’t b able to do this without all of u :slight_smile:

Well done, Kara. Like CA-Lynn says, one call a day (early in the day, but not th e first call of the day) is the way of getting them to keep you in mind without annoying them. More than one call a day, and they may file you under the “W’s” (That would be Grumpycat’s “Wackadoo” category, LOL).

Avoid being classified as a whack-a-doo. They stop listening if you get to that stage. Be kind. This is my script, and it has worked. Learn the receptionists name too.

"Hi, Seenie! How are you today? Oh, yeah, I know Mondays are so busy for you. Just doing my daily check in to see if you have any openings. I know I’m pesky, but I just really need to get to see the doc. It’s no worse today, but it’s still pretty bad. Thanks for listening, I’ll check back in tomorrow. " even if they are rude, be nice. It will work eventually. MAs and receptionists don’t usually get a lot of respect and can get the brunt of some really inappropriate language, be nice and they will remember you.

Always say thank you and how much you appreciate their help. This is key.

Note to self: add “nonwhackadoodial” to vocabulary, STAT.