Seem Angry after Taking MxT?

My mom and dad have said ever since I took my med on Friday that I have been really snippy. I didn't know if anyone else has noticed that they get snippy or give very harsh negative comments after taking MxT or maybe a family member or spouse? I do not see that I am doing this like they explain. Maybe just a little when I am in pain, but nothing different than before

I'm not on mtx, but would like to hear the answer to this one. I do know that on higher doses of prednisone, I get angry incredibly easily.

Wow. I’ve not heard of that before. Are you feeling okay, otherwise? Also are you near your monthly time? It could be coincidence or if you are tired or not feeling well overall, that could make you a little nasty.

I didn't find that it made me snippy, but it definitely seemed to cause some hormonal issues. I wound up with a light and/or late period most months, and also started having hot flashes (I'm 42, so on the young side). Those disappeared after I stopped the MTX.

I'm wondering if this is related.

I am not close to my time yet. I think it may be more with just the pain overall and they haven't seen it till now?

It may be just that. I have not heard of mood changes being a part of MTX treatments. It may be that since everyone is on high alert for something, they saw something that was already there? Keep track of it though, if it continues to be an issue, report it to your doc.

I wonder if it's just the emotional output/result of everything you've been feeling and going through recently with the diagnosis, prescription of mtx etc. It (and the disease itself) can all muck with your head sometimes. I've had a bit of an anxiety/panic thing going on for a few days, triggered by something which really not that much of a big deal in the overall scheme of things, but actually quite unlike me. See how you go and you'll see this week if it happens again after Friday's dose. And try not to worry about it, we all feel ratty sometimes. And ratty better than sicky!!!!!

I don't know that MTX causes that. Parents do, especially when they are concerned about their child. Can you be sure your weren't at least a bit on edge starting the MTX this weekend? No matter how much you love your parents and they you, something I have noticed is when I want to hold my kids closest, they wanted a bit more space (I had couple who had some very serious illness) That is your job as teen. Its your parents job to hold you accountable even when your aren't feeling so hot.

Beside your biggest worry right now should not be these meds, it should be when you get your drivers license

How did the rest of your weekend go. Seenie and I were wondering.

My weekend went great!! I had maybe one little time of feeling nausea, and a slight headache that I have had. Other than all that I felt normal with the exception of the pain still.

Well said!

tntlamb said:

I don't know that MTX causes that. Parents do, especially when they are concerned about their child. Can you be sure your weren't at least a bit on edge starting the MTX this weekend? No matter how much you love your parents and they you, something I have noticed is when I want to hold my kids closest, they wanted a bit more space (I had couple who had some very serious illness) That is your job as teen. Its your parents job to hold you accountable even when your aren't feeling so hot.

Beside your biggest worry right now should not be these meds, it should be when you get your drivers license

Thats great! keep drinking your water through the week. Be sure and get a permanent "hall pass" or what ever it is your school uses from your counselor so you can leave any class anytime (without explanation) for the restroom.

Fighter26 said:

My weekend went great!! I had maybe one little time of feeling nausea, and a slight headache that I have had. Other than all that I felt normal with the exception of the pain still.

Great point Lamb. Thanks for sharing your own experience with this.

tntlamb said:

I have not noticed any mood changes for me with mtx. I am post menopause so I don't have that either. I do notice I have mood changes with steroids. My husband says I am easily angered and hard to deal with. What I feel on steroids is anxiety but he sees anger. I don't do steroids really at all any more.

I think pain in general makes me more snippy. I find myself apologizing to my kids a lot as I know I’m being short with them. Hopefully the mtx will help decrease your pain and make you less snippy

hello I don't know about the meds I take mine and it does not make me snippy I do know that I get snippy when I am hurting really bad...I have had this horrible diease for over 25 years and I know in the beginning I was terrified and angry about it all i was married then but my husband at the time wanted a way out and blamed are marriage on falling apart because of my diease so i got angry and went off all my meds cold turkey i was going to prove to him that this was not going to kick my butt for a few years i felt like i was on top of the world little did i know the med that i was on was working and stays in your system for 2 years met a nice man got married again was up front about my diease from he beginning but again my arthritis came out with avengence he had hurt himself at the time only money coming in was mine i was the only one working i loved my job of 25 years but had to go on std then needed to apply for disability itook care of him for 6 months but when it came to me he understood about the diease but could not handle it cause he saw that his life was going to change also i was angry all over again but this time i did not go off my meds i am still trying new meds i understand what my diease is and there are things that i love and had to give up because i cannot do them anymore my job,ice fishing dancing but i have my family my other projects i enjoy but i still have my days were i get so angry at it all .yes i have had to change a few things but i have been blessed with my daughters sister son in laws grandchildren mom and a few friends who truly do understand they know when i am having a snippy day like you call it lol because they also have snippy days sorry so long hopefully it helped have a great day god bless

Can’t say I’ve noticed any mood changes on MTX, some times I do feel a bit down the few days after but that is probably tiredness. Glad your weekend went well Hun, keep us posted :slight_smile:

Hey, I've been getting mood swings since I started taking it and I usually don't realize it until somebody points it out. I also have this problem with Prednisone as well.