Prednisone - healing time info request

So, other than stop being so clumsy, any suggestions for healing bruises? I have them all over my legs, I guess I’m bumping into stuff. Most of them I don’t remember getting, then they appear and last for months sometimes.

1 Like

Same happens to me and it’s a good long while, as in over a year possibly, since I’ve been on pred. I’ve no suggestions other than arnica cream. Mostly for me they’re not often sore unless I truly did bump into something and remember doing so, so not a big issue other than marking my skin. And marks on my skin I can live with.

I know topical steroids can thin the skin though I am not sure about prednisone.

Yea me too with them not being sore unless I remember bumping them. sometimes I won’t know they are there until I try to massage my legs or something and feel hurty spots. The others, the random ones all over, are usually green or yellow and don’t really hurt.

2 Likes

Increase of skin blood flow should do it. So, warm baths should speed it up a little. But it will always take time.

1 Like