Poor sleep—Enbrel & Cosentyx

My husband was prescribed Enbrel for the past two years and it has worked well for his pain. Because of insurance reasons, he is now being switched to Cosentyx.
He has struggled with very poor sleep, and I believe the struggle started when he began the Enbrel injections. I have mentioned this to all of his doctors, but no one seems to think it’s an issue. After two years of poor sleep, he was given a sleep study. He is getting enough oxygen, so there is no issue with that. He is desperately sleep deprived.
Has anyone else had an issue with this while on Enbrel or Cosentyx? I cannot seem to find answers for him.

3 Likes

Sleep continuity seems to be an issue, often early awakenings, ensuing fatigue, must try what have read on this site, magnesium glicinate 400 pills, apparently debunks fatigue and restores one significantly.

Hi concernedspouse,
I’ve been on Enbrel four years now. I can’t say it caused sleeplessness for me, as, for as long as I can remember, I’ve had sleep problems. Years ago my doctor told me not to drink caffeine after 2:00 p.m. I’ve been avoiding it after noon, because if I drink any coffee or cola in the early afternoon I have insomnia.
I don’t think Enbrel affects my sleep…rather, it enables me to cope with less sleep. I’m lucky if I get 6 hours sleep every night. I take 3mg Melatonin a half hour before I want to fall asleep, which helps me fall asleep and stay asleep for 5 to 6 hours. I usually wake up by 5:00 a.m., whether I want to or not—my alarm is set for 6:00–so obviously I’d like to sleep until then. I’m really lucky in that I havent felt sleepy during the day, except lately the lack of enough sleep has been catching up on me (I’m 65).
I hope your spouse figures out the cause of his sleep problems, and I hope it isn’t the biologic!