New meds and panic attacks

Was back in the dr office Monday my injections are not helpings by there self any more been very worried about it I’m scaired and frustrated. He put me on 4 new meds along with my shots and tonight I had a panic attack. Could it been from the meds or from the stress or both. Does anyone else get them?

Hi Alleycat,

Could be pain, meds, stress, Doctor visit, fear...just getting shots can send us all into panic at one time or another!

I just read about your hand and you are having a rough time in a very short time. I may not be familiar with them, but could I ask the meds you just started because there are many wise ones on here that will want to know, they will also want to know what type of shot. Tell us what you can.

You did the right thing by coming here, I know this is hard to take but there is always hope.

Hope you feel better, I know it is a lot to deal with, if you have any other reactions, or any other panics, you should go to the ER, or call your Doctor. You may be having an adverse reaction to a med or a combination of meds.

We all go through something at times, crying spells, panic attacks, I can get pretty bitchy from pain, it's a way to vent, you can't hold it all inside!

Wishing you well,

SK

Was on humira Xanax and trazodone to sleep. Added voltaren gel mobic tamadol and prednisone. Go back in three months and if those are not helping he is gonna try something besides but like methotrexate. It blisters my skin bad so can’t go back there.

SK said:

Hi Alleycat,

Could be pain, meds, stress, Doctor visit, fear…just getting shots can send us all into panic at one time or another!

I just read about your hand and you are having a rough time in a very short time. I may not be familiar with them, but could I ask the meds you just started because there are many wise ones on here that will want to know, they will also want to know what type of shot. Tell us what you can.

You did the right thing by coming here, I know this is hard to take but there is always hope.

Hope you feel better, I know it is a lot to deal with, if you have any other reactions, or any other panics, you should go to the ER, or call your Doctor. You may be having an adverse reaction to a med or a combination of meds.

We all go through something at times, crying spells, panic attacks, I can get pretty bitchy from pain, it’s a way to vent, you can’t hold it all inside!

Wishing you well,

SK

WOW!! That's a substantial amount of medicine for anyone!

I am familiar with most of them, have not taken Humira or Trazadone, but I know about the blisters from the MX.

I am not a Doctor or medical professional, but I will say that if you have ANY more panics or problems to call the DR or go straight to the ER, if you have to, call 911 for the ambulance, could be an interaction between drugs, an allergy, or just an over-load! Could even be an emotional overload, just having hand surgery would freak out any musician! Hope that is healing, what did they say about it, what explanation was give about the hand?

That MX is some wicked stuff, tntlamb was saying you are not even suppose to use aspertame (diet sweetener) with it! How are you feeling right now? Has it passed?

+1 WOW!

Hey Alleycat, that is one interesting combination of drugs and even though I’m not a medical professional by any stretch of the imagination, I’m not surprised that you are having adverse reactions. Did your Dr check the interactions of the drugs and give you any warnings about side effects? I know that one of the main side effects of a combination like that is Anxiety which could certainly lead to a panic attack.

If you keep having panic attacks then you should contact your Dr ASAP.

WOW +2. With that combo you are lucky ALL you are having is panic attacks........ Check with another Doc (and a hospital pharmacist) to see what they think. That being said Xanax alone pushes me over the edge. Monitor your BP (if even with the DIY drug store machine, These all can have the effect of lowering your BP (which can have a" Panic attack" like effect.

My hand still gives me probs lost about half of the use of my thumb. And I was thinking this was a lot of drugs @.@! But this is my second rheumatologist to see and the first one did squat. Couldnt even telle what was wrong with me so I have to travel to vandy. This one has helped me the most so I feel I can trust him but still the injection was almost more then I could handle alone. And the Xanax helps a lot my normal dr gave me that. But still I’d it happens again I will see care ASAP thanx y’all glad I have ppl to talk to about this.

tntlamb said:

WOW +2. With that combo you are lucky ALL you are having is panic attacks… Check with another Doc (and a hospital pharmacist) to see what they think. That being said Xanax alone pushes me over the edge. Monitor your BP (if even with the DIY drug store machine, These all can have the effect of lowering your BP (which can have a" Panic attack" like effect.

Dear Alleycat,

I know about what those shots into the 'hot spot' can do to you, I thought I would go through the ceiling more than once, even after being 'numbed'! I hope that you have a friend or loved one driving you to Vandy and back. You need some TLC and support there in KY,

Not only can too much medicine lower blood pressure, it can lower resperation, especially dangerous when you sleep, but it doesn't look like you sleep much either.

My Rheum took me off Xanax, put me on Valium instead, it helps relax my muscles better than the muscle relaxers.

He told me not to take either with pain meds (narcotics).

I hope that you are able to relax a little and get some good rest, do talk to a pharmacist, like lamb suggested, and do call your Rheum, let him know what is happening.

Please get someone to drive you if you seek help, and when you go back to Doc.

We are all pulling for you, girl. Be well

SK

Hey there Alleycat,

How are you doing? Hope things are going well for you!

Doing good tonight at work. Thank you for caring and all the advice. I really am grateful.

SK said:

Hey there Alleycat,

How are you doing? Hope things are going well for you!

Hey AC,

So glad that you had a good night, something must be working! Sorry that I wasn't more help, but just being able to conect to someone, anyone can be a great comfort!

I wish you well, hope you can sleep, hope I can too! Ha!

Just be careful!

SK

Thanx again :3 hope you can sleep too!! It’s a great comfort to have some one to talk too.

SK said:

Hey AC,

So glad that you had a good night, something must be working! Sorry that I wasn’t more help, but just being able to conect to someone, anyone can be a great comfort!

I wish you well, hope you can sleep, hope I can too! Ha!

Just be careful!

SK

Hey Alleycat,

We have not heard much from you lately, are you adjusting to the meds, are the meds helping yet? You have been in my thoughts. Let us know how you are when you have a minute!

SK

Hey SK.

Meds are well I feel about the same cant tell a big diff yet. Still hope full and no attacks this weekend I’m unwinding in a cabin in Gatlinburg which I needed badly! Hope everything is well with you and everything going good. Thanx for the thoughts :slight_smile: hope your havin a great weekend!

SK said:

Hey Alleycat,

We have not heard much from you lately, are you adjusting to the meds, are the meds helping yet? You have been in my thoughts. Let us know how you are when you have a minute!

SK

Hi AC,

Good, glad you are doing okay, just remember, have to give the meds a chance to work, sometimes takes months. Gatlinberg is beautiful, one of my favorite places, perfect place to unwind.

Don't be a stranger, talk more when you can!

Be well!