Mtx and leflunomide. Discuss

I was on 25 mg MTX, but when I added Arava, I had to go down to 20 after a couple of months because my liver enzymes started to go up. They are still higher than they were, but not into the red zone yet.

Seenie

PS can’t get Kind Edwards in the colonies.

I love this thread! I have chickens but no ducks or geese! I am going to look for King Edward seed potatoes and ask my husband to add to garden next spring! Something glorious to look foreword to!

Lots of luck with the KE spuds, MiV, I'd be really (pleasantly!) surprised if you could source them on this side of the Atlantic. Russets make a reasonable substitute.

Gwynneth, we are sorry. MiV and me, we are sorry. But you did mention roast potatoes, and it is your thread. LOL

I think I must "hijack" threads all the time as my thoughts dart around during flares! I apologize!

yes I took MTX and Arava together. I took 20 mgevry other day. MTX was at 20 or 22 mg injectable weekly. Once I got over the violent nausea it worked for 18orso months. I still took narcotic pain meds at least once a week. Now on humira, naproxenand 25mg of MTX. It works except when I flare. So I have a steroid shot. works for me. Sorry no cure for Christmas . I do like roasted potatoes and veggies must useduck fat nex time:)

You had nausea from the combo, Jot? How long did that last?

S

PS Did you know that duck fat is less saturated than butter?

the nausea lasted quite a while 6 weeks ,. Even later after I got used to the Arava I had a lot of couch time on Arava days for up to four months maybe?

Wow, you stuck that out! But it gave you a good run of relief, so I guess that was worth it. Why did you stop taking the Arava? Did it poop out on you?

S

jot1 said:

the nausea lasted quite a while 6 weeks ,. Even later after I got used to the Arava I had a lot of couch time on Arava days for up to four months maybe?

Seenie said:

Wow, you stuck that out! But it gave you a good run of relief, so I guess that was worth it. Why did you stop taking the Arava? Did it poop out on you?

S

jot1 said:

Yes I stuck it out but the pain just kept getting worse so when I had a meltdowno. The phone with the nurse I got in got tested got xrayed and onto humira. I get a lot of pain somedays thank god forpain mmeds

Amen.

jot1 said:

… thank god forpain mmeds

No nausea yet, touch wood (do you touch wood over in the colonies?).

Lots of king Edwards over here. Not sure I would want to smear duck fat on my morning toast though even if it has less saturated fats.

Yes, we have LOTS of wood in the colonies, and we touch it a LOT.

When did you start on the magic mixture :wink: Gwynneth? Did you do a loading dose or did you just start with the daily dose? Leflunomide takes a while to build up in your system, apparently.