Lymph Node Tenderness

I’m coming up to 7 months since diagnoses, 6 months on Methotrexate. It is likely helping as I was terrible before. But over the last few days I have developed a tender, slightly raised lymph node in my groin. Is just one tender lymph node a symptom of PsA? My feet and knees have been pretty painful lately but never groin related issue. I am a 59 year old, fit male and painfully active. No recent sprains etc but a distinct “node” tender and a bit bigger than a pea. Thanks and sorry if I’m duplicating a topic!

Hi @Amos! While you’re waiting for specific responses, I thought I’d help you out. If you use the search function, you can turn up a lot of previous experience. It’s the magnifying glass up top. I did a search for “lymph node” and this is what I found.

1 Like

Hi Amos,

I’m sure you’ll see from the other threads that while some of us do seem to get the occasional inflamed lymph node that’s of no significance, they can obviously mean lots of things that ARE significant, and it needs to be checked out by your GP straight away to rule those out. None of us tend to like going back there with new concerns that seem trivial, we all spend enough time at the doctors anyways, and who wants to know they have something else as well as PSA, but it’s just gotta be done.

1 Like

Definitely! Mine felt like I had a snooker ball trapped in me the other day. It is your immune system having a big overreaction to something.

It can be really nasty and needs to followed up on. There is a “rare” co occurring condition with PsA called sarcoidosis. Sometimes it is sarcoidosis, other times it is just short of that and is just inflammation of the lymph nodes from PsA:

• Fatigue
  • Swollen lymph nodes
  • Weight loss
  • Pain and swelling in joints, such as the ankles
  • Persistent dry cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Wheezing
  • Chest pain
  • A rash of red or reddish-purple bumps, usually located on the shins or ankles, which may be warm and tender to the touch
  • Disfiguring sores (lesions) on the nose, cheeks and ears
  • Areas of skin that are darker or lighter in color
  • Growths under the skin (nodules), particularly around scars or tattoos
  • Blurred vision
  • Eye pain
  • Burning, itching or dry eyes
  • Severe redness
  • Sensitivity to light
  • Chest pain
  • Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
  • Fainting (syncope)
  • Fatigue
  • Irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias)
  • Rapid or fluttering heart beat (palpitations)
  • Swelling caused by excess fluid (edema)

I fight with these symptoms constantly have had several surgeries to remove lymph nodes. They believe its Sarcoid but in order to get a true DX I’d have to go off my biologics and am not willing to do that. (They need some ANA numbers)

The good news is its pretty easily treatable if they get right on it the bad news is if they don’t, it gets really bad.

I was fortunate years ago that an astute Cardio guy saw a small patch of Psoriasis when I was being worked up for a major last ditch surgery to try and stretch out my hearts “life” die to Congestive heart failure. The surgery was cancelled. I was sent to a top Drawer Rheumy and was back to normal heart function in six weeks…

1 Like

After about a week, the tender and swelled lymph node resolved itself and seems back to normal. Must have been some sort of infection I’ve been battling. Thanks for all the wise and caring replies…always an education!