Life expectancy

My daughter says the same thing. She got ill at 4 and knows no other way. She things much of it is normal. On some things she can be very sympathetic but on other things, she’s like - oh please, stop whining, that’s a good day.

christopher said:

Don’t get me wrong, I do get moody at times, but I sleep better knowing that I didn’t let it kick my azz, like I knew it could. Getting out of bed the next day is a whole different story, because as you all know, it is depressing that the first thing you feel in the morning is like you got hit by a truck, but mentally, you know that you somehow “earned it” makes ME feel better about it. This is not something I had to change mentally, because at 16, when I was diagnosed, I didn’t know any better. It sounds like most of you were received this years later, when you realized how it was going to effect you daily. I became accustomed to it, and for that, I feel blessed. Getting an ailment earlier in life, I believe, is better than have lived without it, causing you to change your life. I cannot remember how life was without this. I don’t know what person I would be without it because it drives me to do more, to prove to myself I am still IN THE GAME. I hate losing WAYYY more than I love winning(quote from Moneyball) and there is a difference between the 2. I know that I am a crabbier person at times,
I know that I am less forgiving at times, but no one understands. anyone who has not experienced this disease cannot communicate with you. This is a good place. I thought I could live without this site, but you must know your limitations and accept that you cannot do it alone.