I'm having a good day :)

I post most often when I am feeling bad and we had such a good response to my post asking for success stories that I thought I would post while I am feeling good.

Everything is falling into place. Stelara is working, slowly but surely. I love the fact that I only inject every 12 weeks and the shots don’t hurt. No burn, just a slight pinch at the end. I also don’t feel weird and tired like I did with Enbrel and Humira after injection either.

I have been seeing a pain doctor for injections for headaches, neck and back pain and I also get one joint done per session. I see him every six weeks. I can really tell the difference between the help from the stelara vs what I get from the shots, so I know both are working, together. Add in my 5mg of prednisone per day and a radical change in diet and activity level and you get a much improved and happy person.

My joints are easing up a bit and my psoriasis is clearing up some and I haven’t had any new patches in quite a while. The bad ones are still there but not all white and red and scaly like they used to be. After a few more months, I am supposed to see even more improvement. YAY!

I really was in the depths of despair after 3 years of constant, often horrible pain as well as tons of meds which had terrible side effects sometimes. I now have a renewed sense of hope for my future. I look forward to feeling even better and working my way back to living again. It’s been so long and no one in my life can quite grasp the depth of what has happened. To feel this much better after going through what we go through is absolutely amazing!

Thanks for your support during my dark times. I wish you all the best and invite you to share happy thoughts here.

7 Likes