I feel depressed

hi

Psoriasis is covering 80% of my body and i have psa, and deformity in all of my 10 fingers
I used on mtx but i could not handle the side effects
Nausea, vomiting, chest pain and abdominal pain ,so i stopped using it . i feel so depressed
my joint hurt now i use vaselin for the psoriasis and NSAID for the pain .

It's a really miserable affliction, isn't it? I am fortunate in that my psoriasis seems to be mostly confined to my toenails. I'm sorry you're suffering skin problems as well as joint pain. Either is bad enough alone!

Chin up, hang with us on this board ... misery loves company, and we are pretty good at keeping eachother company!

Seenie

Thank you i was very happy when I found this group,
Communicate with people that understand what it feel like to have psa and psoriasis

We'd like to know a bit more about you, mairyo ... one day, will you fill in some more of your profile?

It sounds like you're going through a particularly difficult time, mairyo. Are you seeing a doctor at this point? Have you tried other treatments? One of the most difficult obstacles for many of us is dealing with the emotional side of psoriasis and psa. One thing that's helped me a lot is getting together at least once a month with others with depression and talking about it.

Currently I do not see any doctor because I feel that this thing will never go away i have tried many treatments for psoriasis, but when I was diagnosed with psa the doctor put me on mtx , but I could not take

side effects

Well I understand this very well, I beleive alot of us on this site understand the stuggle with depession. I have not been on for a few weeks because I started a new job about three weeks ago and they sent me to South Carolina for a two week training, I live near Montreal QC. I have struggled with it for many years, but I finally feel that I have come to terms with alot of the struggles and acceptence of what is going on in my body, we have to remember that our bodies are just shells and what is inside is what is real. The people who truly love us, do not see the shell, they see the beauty, and we all have beauty inside. But the real world sees us as different and sometimes they cannot handle looking at our skin, some have even told me that I live with things and can't come to terms with issues in my life, that is why I have psoriasis, WRONG, nobody asks for this, and God is not punishing us for it either, we have an ugly illness that takes away our joy, our freedom, our simplicity to be ourselves. We struggle to get up, struggle to stay cheerful, push to get through the day, live to be accepted for who we are. So you know what, you have a right to sometimes not feeling your best, you have a right to feel sad, for the things that you can not do anymore, and even angry for the ignorence of others, and their limited way of thinking they know it all, because until they have walked our walk, felt our pain, cried our tears, felt the burdens, and listened to the often cruel remarks of others, I have basically stopped listening, I surraound myself with those I love and that understand me! So when your feeling down and blue, come to the place where you can be you, and where you can be understood, and be the person that you want to be and not the person that this world wants you to be. My biggest struggle now is to remain happy with who I am, to stay possitive, and to move foward, but I have decided that PSA is not going to win this race, I am !!!!! And you will to, just beleive that with or without all this, you are worthy of so much, even if times are hard, your worth the effort ! I have alot of psoriasis, and pain, ever ysingle day! But I will not allow it to brake me, I have to much that I want to do and to much love to give!!!! And I do limit medications for health reasons, but by choice, and that is something we all have a right to. My pain levels can at times be extremely high, but there are some meds I just will not touch, cause of risk factors , but like I said we choose, and we deal with the rest. I hope things lighten up for you and I will keep you in my thoughts !.......SA

The biologics can work extremely well and they have minimal side effects. Enbrel took me from hardly being able to walk to feeling great. I haven't yet noticed any side effects from it at all.

mairyo said:

Currently I do not see any doctor because I feel that this thing will never go away i have tried many treatments for psoriasis, but when I was diagnosed with psa the doctor put me on mtx , but I could not take

side effects

I just want to encourage you to try something besides MTX. There are many other medications, with less or different side effects

I also began taking an anti depressant (technically to help with nerve pain but also to help my mood) and occasionally anti anxiety pill. It really helps me get my mind back to a place where I can care for myself and make good decisions.

Best wishes to you - depression is deep when it’s with us

mairyo said:

side effects

I know many people replied but i will pray for you. SOmetimes when the medical treatments are not working only God is left. It cant hurt anything. I am learning through my Psa that He loves me and wants me to feel better. I know I dont understand why we go through what we do but I try to believe it is so I can help others in pain in someway? I think I would give up if I felt I went through this for no reason! But it is clear everyone here cares for each other because they understand. I really want you to feel better!

P.S I hope I dont seem preachy but I just know I feel better when people pray for me!

Since I'm agnostic, I can't pray for you, mairyo, but I certainly sympathize with you and want things to get better for you.

I don't need to tell you that one of the reasons that depression is so hard is that it can be paralyzing, and sometimes it's hard to choose a direction or make decisions. When you write that you don't see a doctor because you feel this thing will never go away, that does sound like the paralysis that can come with depression. I often get depressed and don't do anything either. I hope that some of the good suggestions that people have shared here are helpful: the other medications that are available, the possibility of taking an antidepressant, maybe talking with a therapist about the depression.

Finding a med that helped my depression took a while, but my psychiatrist and I really found the right one, and I feel so much better.

But I think you've already done one of the hardest, bravest things by just reaching out and communicating to others that you're having a hard time. Please let us know how you're doing, okay?

Hey! I have had psoriasis since I was 7. I’ve definitely had bad times with it. When I was younger-in middle school of all years. It was at its worst. I had horrible scalp ps. Like it was coming down from my hair line. On my scalp it always seemed more like plaque psoriasis. And I had it all in my ears and around them. And then all over my stomach and back. That kind was different tho…it was little spots. Over the years it came and went. Never all the way gone. At 16 I started tanning in a salon. I’ve always wanted to be tan. So I did so excessively lol. I guess u would say. Well my psoriasis cleared up everywhere. Then when I stopped after a few months it came back. I’ve tanned in uva bronzing beds. No help. But the all uvb beds (which are few far and between). Help so much. Its amazing. I’ve tried so many topical meds-that never worked at all. Each time after I had. My kids my psoriasis got so bad again. And the tanning bed was my saving grace. Not sure how it will work for others and I realize tanning is not so healthy for skin. But there really are many benefits to it. Lowers the incidence of lots of cancers. Cancers that are way more prevalent the melanoma. Tanningtruth.com has lots of info. Anyways…hang in there. Its hard with psoriaisis because lots of people are just uninformed.

Thank you all for the support
i really appreciated it

Like so many others here I think you have already taken
the first step in reaching out to others, us. I have been dealing
with a constant flare/lack of functioning drug until most recently.
I have finally found some( alot acutually) help from Remicade and
naturalpathic meds (turmeric, omega 3, sulfur) and good allergy
testing. I am finally even able to try to work ( I love my job so much!!)
But, I know that I may not be able to keep working at a shift work job
and may have to retrain. I have constant pain but the amount varies
and I treat when I need to. I have young kids who acutually know more about
Arthritis than alot of adults. I try to to stay positive and fight the negative.
There is so much to deal with with this stupid disease but, I can not do it
alone. This board has helped me know others ‘get it’ somewhere to feel 'normal’
and share. I have a family doctor who knows me well, a good rheumatologist,
an Amazing!! Naturalpath, a career counsellor, a regular counsellor, a Paster and
Family and friends. Even with this I have to fight to have patience and positivity and take
one day with its little blessings at a time. I guess what I am trying to say is that
this is frigging hard even with a great support system. No one needs to feel
that they should be able to do this alone or that they should feel differently just cause someone
says. You need to remind yourself, as I do daily, I AM WORTH IT! This is a disease it is
not a fault or even me. You can get help. You are worth it! You are allowed to feel crappy at times
but, you are worth much more. If you need help locating local supports I a more
than certain any of us here would help from our cyber homes to help. There are great ideas and
sources from people here and can probably help locate local people with you. YOU ARE WRTH IT AND MORE.
Please feel free to contact me personally at my email of you do not want to post specifics here
But remember we are all here for you and with you in spirit even if we can not be with you
in person. Depression and PsA are Conditions/Diseases you are dealing with they ate not what you
are. Please hang on and reach out when needed.

Andrew, how long have you been on Enbrel?

Andrew said:

The biologics can work extremely well and they have minimal side effects. Enbrel took me from hardly being able to walk to feeling great. I haven't yet noticed any side effects from it at all.

mairyo said:

side effects