Humira and TB diagnosis

Thanks for clarifying.

I’m sure you know where I’m coming from. The internet is awash with seductive, unsubstantiated claims about diets. I was pretty sure you weren’t personally claiming that this diet can effect a cure and were still aware of the need to use drugs to achieve disease control.

1 Like

Thanks Everyone!
I agree with Letizia, when there are lack of options you have to try and get remission through diet.

Plus, with experience we just went through I am so skeptical going back on Humira. Plus there is also a lawsuit filed against Abbott lab i Califronia for paying doctors to push for Humira over other medication.

All these factors are making me very suspicious. Plus our rhemuy is also being very conscious after whole TB thing.

1 Like

That’s not what the lawsuit is. Abbott was paying rebates to Insurance company owned formularies. MOST formularies have a preferred hierarchy of name brand drugs for all manner of conditions (IE aetna wants you to try Enbrel first the Humira and Cosentyx needs an additional pre approval - its all spelled out in your policy. The Docs all have someone on staff who knows which company requires what.) The paying of these rebates were included in the AHC for the purpose of bringing drug prices down (in addition to negotiated pricing) and greater access to Tier 4 and Specialty Drugs which it did. The California suit assumed the rebates were going to Docs who were simply following the prescribing protocols of the various Formularies. Not sure if the suit has been dismissed yet, but it will be Federal Law trumps Ambulance chasers in this case. There would be no reason for a civil suit regarding direct Payments to docs from Pharma as it is a felony. PLEASE don’t confuse the Pharma Conspiracy that the internet is rampant with, with whats really going on.

2 Likes

I do think diet can make a dramatic difference. Maybe not a cure all, but healthy eating just makes sense. And the autoimmune diet that you described is getting to be very popular. I had never heard of it being called the autoimmune diet before. Sugar is definitely not good for us.

I wish I had the willpower to try a diet like that. I did a gluten free diet for six weeks and my stomach thanked me for it. But, I crave too many of the wrong foods—I’d have to be really desperate to do the autoimmune diet!

1 Like