How much sleep do we need?

Fingers crossed!

The saga continues. Yesterday I work up with a rash of petechiae on my lower legs. I have them sometimes anyway down there, but not like this. So, back to the docs! (I am going to take a sleeping bag!). Doc seems quite worried it’s a blood thing, so straightaway for blood and urine tests and blood pressure (which is now slightly high in the bottom number - wonderful!)

The tests came back today, and the platelets that doc was worried about are OK. Hurrah! Urine test OK. Hurrah! And, weirdly, the WBC count has gone up in six days from 3.9 to 4.5 and the neutrophils have gone up from 1.76 to 2.09! Hurrah!

So, all of this fuss yesterday might have been a blessing in disguise. I’m going to ring the hospital tomorrow, inform them of these results and see if they still want another test in a month. Seems a bit silly now they have righted themselves, especially as they haven’t gone up enough to suggest an infection is to blame.

The only issue is what caused the petechiae to come out in full force. I’ve been feeling really quite enthusiastic about writing and research over the last few days and so have been sitting at the computer all day, so I’m wondering if sitting with my legs down is causing some stress on them which caused it. They are swollen a bit too - which I’ll get checked next time I am at the docs. The don’t “pitt” so it probably isn’t anything too drastic, but we shall see. Worry about that when it happens!