How many of us see both a Rheumy and a Dermatologist?

I see both a Rheumy and a Dermatologist and wondered if how many others do the same?

My Dermatologist treats my psoriasis on my scalp and on my arms. So far it seems to be getting better. But, if I miss one of my 3 treatments for my arms then it quickly comes back.

I see just a rheumatologist, as I have very minimal psoriasis or other skin woes.

I see both derm and rheum. Skin cancer, vitiligo, rosacea and mild psoriasis. Even though I am on the dmards the psoriasis seems to want to get worse about every 6 mos. Derm just says it is all autoimmune and flares just like the joints etc.

What are the treatments you have on your arms? All I have is cream to use.

I wish. My dermatologist retired a few years ago, and there don't seem to be any in my town of almost 80K who take both insurance and new patients. I guess there are too many people wanting cosmetic treatments to make it worth seeing medical patients. From what I've been told, it takes 6 months to get an appointment with one in the big city an hour away.

I see both as well.

I was seeing a Derm for my Psoriasis long before I knew I was suffering from psoriatic arthritis.

My rheumy is actually a pretty recent addition due to new back pain, stiffness and tiredness that continued to get worse over 6 months.

I have both....I have Psoriasis that was completely out of control! It is in places where NO one should ever have to deal with it! I also have PSA which was rapidly becoming miserable despite my Rheumy's description of it being a "mild" case. It was my Derm that was able to get me on Humira and Thank God she did! I, for the first time in a year, no longer have thick scales ALL over my scalp....my other "sores" are healing and my PSA is Much better!

I have to say I like the "team" approach! :)

I have both. Like Dame, I was seeing a dermatologist for psoriasis before being diagnosed.

I see both as well, but not for psoriasis which I have not really developed. I see a derm for pityraisis lichenoides. Not pretty.

I have both. It seems my Rhumey only treats my PsA.

Like Stoney, I see only a rheumatologist. My P is pretty minimal and contained to my scalp mostly. My rheumatologist does check my scalp each time I see him and is attentive to any psoriasis outbreaks. He also prescribes me the medications (creams and liquids) I need to control psoriasis flares.

Just a Rheumatologist here..... I have very little skin involvement right now