Flare Starting and NO MM yet!

Hello,

So as I am waiting for my prescription of Medical Marijuana to arrive and I started Enbrel on Thursday, and a flare starts Friday. Is this a coincidence or is it from the Enbrel? Started in my hands - so this will be brief. Back of my hands burning, fingers swollen and sore - couldn't even use a fork yesterday. My husband made me a separate supper that I could eat with my hands after the kids had eaten. He has watched me try to eat a salad and didn't want the kids to see suffering to eat. 2 wrist braces, a heating pad on my back all night - in bed by 7 to avoid using my hands. Today - at work, as an office manager (all day typing) suffering.

So - is this from the Enbrel? Bad timing? Argh!!!

Nic.Pat

I don't think Enbrel would cause a flare. More like it, the Enbrel isn't working yet. For most people it takes weeks and even months before a biologic kicks in. For me it started working right away--but I guess that's unusual.

Don't give up on Enbrel yet--your inflammation is bad, but hopefully Enbrel will bring that down. There is probably damage in your joints that Enbrel can't fix. I have some joint pain all the time, but I still feel pretty good.

Good luck and hang in there!

It sounds like an unfortunate coincidence. I hope you start getting some relief soon.

thank you all for your words of encouragement. I am sure that Enbrel will work in time - I just found the timing unfortunate :frowning: Oh well - the future is looking bright, so today I can handle it.