Enthesitis and damage

Remind me, do you have or have you ever had psoriasis? Might be worth googling Caspar Criteria, mentioned by tntlamb in this thread:

Believe me, doctors in the UK like to chat too. Even if they haven’t had a pow wow, some regard any patient who has ditched a fellow medic with suspicion. The rheumy I self-referred to was the most rational of men, yet his first question was ‘why did you decide to change?’ ‘Fortunately’ my knees were the size of baseballs, one look at them and no further explanation was required.

I have since moved to a different part of the country, landed in an extremely overstretched rheumy dept., and therefore changed yet again. This time I just explained why I’d made that decision.

Yep, changing can be tricky, questioning doctors can be a little risky too. However there’s no need to upset your current rheumy in order to sound her out. Appointments often leave questions hanging in the air and it seems to me that you have some that need asking. You can be nice as pie, but ask away. I’ve got no investment in having PsA, if I was sure I actually didn’t have it, I’d be very relieved. But the stakes are high if medication isn’t adequate so I’d require A LOT of convincing information before even accepting that there was room for doubt.

You can write to her and google (haha) other rheumys, do everything you can to sort things out.

2 Likes