Do you flare with flair?

Hey darinfan, I’m a MESS in winter so I can completely relate to the aches, pains, and swollen parts that seem to act up on a whim. I have found that heat, gentle movement and more heat to be the most beneficial. I’m fortunate that we have a hot tub and the old of the two gyms on the campus where I work has a sauna. That kind of deep and prolonged heat is really the ticket for me. I hope you find some comfort and relief.

A hot tub. Oh how I want one of them. My other half would never agree to such a thing unless we powered it up ourselves, using static bicycles perhaps. If I was on a life-support machine he’d ask ‘how much electricity is this thing using?’

Seenie, great to hear it was a great holiday! Hoping your cold is short-lived and the flare goes with the cold.

That sounds like my husband Sybil. I dream of having a hot tub. The day that I can get it paid for by medical insurance I have a fighting chance.

1 Like

I have to confess that the nearest I get is a hot bath, but it at least does ease things a little - especially my hands for some reason. I do sometimes wonder , though, how much room there is in the bath for water given the size some of our joints get to! I did think about writing Santa a letter, asking to see my ankle bone again! :wink:

LOL Wouldn’t that be a lovely surprise on Christmas morning! "Oh look, what’s this now … oh my goodness, it’s my ankle bone! What a lovely surprise!’:blush:

It’s quite odd how my morale can be boosted by something so simple. You know that little bit where your thumb joins your wrist - where the well-to-do used to place their snuff before they had a whiff? If I can see that little tiny dint there, I’m in heaven! I get very excited.

1 Like

LOL darinfan. Sounds like a PsA twist on this oldie:

1 Like