DeQuervains or PsA?

I've been told not to use topical Voltaren with oral NSAIDs. There is some that will be absorbed systemically, so this is why. Never tried to bathe in the stuff, used it primarily on my hands. It works well.

And in the meantime, back in the braces. I know that they make it really challenging to do much of anything, but the tendon needs to be really rested to recover.

Why couldn’t the inflammation attack my pinky fingers? They are far less essential than my thumbs

lol My little finger mcp joint was affected on my right hand and although it didn’t effect me as much as my thumb I couldn’t write as I couldn’t rest my hand down on the desk :slight_smile:
Pigeonfury said:

I thought I was healed enough to take off the wrist guards that reminded me not to over do it. Now, post work day, my thumbs are miserable. Why couldn’t the inflammation attack my pinky fingers? They are far less essential than my thumbs. I am waiting for the arthritis gloves to arrive through Amazon. Spring break is next week (teacher). I just have to keep it together until Friday. Can I apply the Voltaren cream in addition to the oral Diclofenac??

As far as the Voltaren gel with an oral NSAID, I think it may depend on the doc. Mine rx’d me Duexis and Volatren gel, but I use it only on one small area (hands). I also don’t use it daily, it’s sort of my rescue drug when I’ve taken everything, and nothing works. It’s that little push that gives me relief. It is definitely something that I would ask the doc about though. I have had differing stories from patients and even the Google results are conflicting.

I have been tempted to bathe in it though! I like my functioning kidneys and not hemorrhaging too much to do that though. :slight_smile: