Celery Seed Extract

Has anyone ever tried Celery Seed either in a tea or capsule form? Im newly diagnosed and scared of the meds that have been prescibed too me after reading about it online..I was prescribed Methotrexate and if that does not work, I was told I may have to start with Humira. The commercial alone for Humira with the side effects scares me. I'm HIGHLY allregic to aspirin, I'm afraid they're not teling me if their is aspirin in any of the meds, it's highlighted in bright yellow on my chart and I take Tamadrol for pain. I'd like to try the natural way first, was wondering if anyone has either tried or heard of anyone trying anything natural. Thank you

Welcome! We were all new and scared once. You will find lots of good people here to support you with this; you have come to a good place!

Take the meds. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, there are no natural remedies that treat psoriatic arthritis (PsA). Some folks say that an anti-inflammatory diet, and supplements help, but neither will provide the relief or joint protection that the medications will. The best combination for most is a DMARD (disease modifying anti-rheumatic drug) like methotrexate combines with a biologics drug like Humira.

As I read when I first started my own research into this disease, the drugs and their side effects can be scary, but the life one lives without them is even scarier.

I will give you my own experience. I have been dealing with out of control PsA since October. At that time, I was taking Humira and was terrified of MTX (methotrexate). After 4 months of pain, swelling, and feeling junky I will take anything if I think it has a chance of making me feel better, even MTX!

You may see responses that swear that a juicing regimen or a diet has completely cured someone. Please, understand that isn’t going to happen. There is a guy on this board who always responds to this kind of question by saying something like, if we could all be cured by apple cider vinegar, painting ourselves blue, and dancing under the moonlight, don’t you think we would all be doing it? :stuck_out_tongue:

My best recommendation, is that you are going to need to be your best advocate. Read as much as you can about PsA and the drugs that treat it. Know about the tests that are run and what they mean for you. Make sure that you have a doc who will be proactive about your treatment and will LISTEN to you. If there is something you doing understand; make sure to ask questions. Keep a log of your symptoms to take with you to appointments. I recommend and app called MyRA. Its free from iTunes. Write down all of your questions. Stay proactive and positive!

Please don’t think me harsh, that is not my intent at all. I just want everyone to be well managed and well taken care of.

If you need anything at all, please ask! You can message me any time.

The Grumpiest of Kitties,
GrumpyCat

Welcome!

Listen to GrumpyCat. I have been going through the same as shr since October. I was scared and willing to try anything. After sitting down and processing all of the info, and yes, remembering that I am a nurse, I use the biologics, occasional pain meds,NSAIDS, and eat healthy.

grumpyCat, you were not harsh! You said all of the right things!

Thank you for your comforting words and no, you were not harsh at all, truth is what I want and need. The more I hear positive things about Methotrexate, maybe the more confident I will become. Thank you

GrumpyCat said:

Welcome! We were all new and scared once. You will find lots of good people here to support you with this; you have come to a good place!

Take the meds. :-)

Unfortunately, there are no natural remedies that treat psoriatic arthritis (PsA). Some folks say that an anti-inflammatory diet, and supplements help, but neither will provide the relief or joint protection that the medications will. The best combination for most is a DMARD (disease modifying anti-rheumatic drug) like methotrexate combines with a biologics drug like Humira.

As I read when I first started my own research into this disease, the drugs and their side effects can be scary, but the life one lives without them is even scarier.

I will give you my own experience. I have been dealing with out of control PsA since October. At that time, I was taking Humira and was terrified of MTX (methotrexate). After 4 months of pain, swelling, and feeling junky I will take anything if I think it has a chance of making me feel better, even MTX!

You may see responses that swear that a juicing regimen or a diet has completely cured someone. Please, understand that isn't going to happen. There is a guy on this board who always responds to this kind of question by saying something like, if we could all be cured by apple cider vinegar, painting ourselves blue, and dancing under the moonlight, don't you think we would all be doing it? :-P

My best recommendation, is that you are going to need to be your best advocate. Read as much as you can about PsA and the drugs that treat it. Know about the tests that are run and what they mean for you. Make sure that you have a doc who will be proactive about your treatment and will LISTEN to you. If there is something you doing understand; make sure to ask questions. Keep a log of your symptoms to take with you to appointments. I recommend and app called MyRA. Its free from iTunes. Write down all of your questions. Stay proactive and positive!

Please don't think me harsh, that is not my intent at all. I just want everyone to be well managed and well taken care of.

If you need anything at all, please ask! You can message me any time.

The Grumpiest of Kitties,
GrumpyCat

Thank you !! The more positive things I hear, the more confident I hope to become

Nsanmom said:

Welcome!

Listen to GrumpyCat. I have been going through the same as shr since October. I was scared and willing to try anything. After sitting down and processing all of the info, and yes, remembering that I am a nurse, I use the biologics, occasional pain meds,NSAIDS, and eat healthy.

grumpyCat, you were not harsh! You said all of the right things!