Carefully counting my spoons

I'm counting those spoons and praying I have enough left to get through this evening. I'm taking my dog down to the vet to see if he needs one or both eye out. Not only is this going to a very emotional trip, depending upon the prognosis, but also extremely tiring, as it's a good 45 minutes away and I'll get caught in 2 hours of traffic on the way back up. I'm worried thinking of the fatigue I'll be experiencing, on top of the emotional stuff.

Nothing to be done for it, just needed to take a minute to talk about it. Maybe just try to get some mental clarity and sense of balance, because I know how challenging the trip will be. I just pray the fatigue holds off full steam until Duncan Joe and I get home. I'm not looking forward to battling heavy eyelids on top of awful traffic.

Thanks for letting me talk about it for a minute. Helps to do it!

Pet, do you have a friend, co-worker, family that you can have drive you? This is alot for you to take on alone right now. Really, even for one as strong as you, please try anyway!

Hugs and prayers to you my friend!

Sending you spoons,

SK

Thanks, SK, no, no one to go with me. Friends are quite a ways away.

But it went well. Duncan Joe is doing well on his eye drops so no eye removal for now. WHEW!!!

And I managed to contain fatigue until almost home - horray!!!

Thanks again for your understanding!!!

HUGS back atcha!

This is such good news!

Glad to hear he's okay. Now you get to rest and recover hopefully!

Thinking of you and Duncan Joe, hoping all is well with you two, Pet!

Thank you, SK! His appt. went well. Still on the drops, seem to be keeping the glaucoma at bay for now, thankfully.

Oddly, it was the trip DOWN that was stressful. The trip back was fine.

I'm outta spoons tonight, SK, but it's so nice hearing from you. And BTW, love the photo of you here. You look so cheerful and you always perk me up.

Good news!!! Yay Duncan Joe!!!

So happy to hear you made it there and back without falling to pieces. Hugs to you ... I hope you sleep well!!!!

It's because I'm carrying on with the grandson, and he grabs the camera, SNAP, as you know from my photo on the FMS site, my mouth is not deformed! ha! He is just 9 and so proud of his photography skills. I should download some of his work for you, he is good at rainbows and likes the jet trail patterns, caught some good ones at sunset. He has been planting my flowers, mostly Petunias for me for years now! He plants them and the great grandsom goes behind him and rips them out by the roots! LOL! They have gone home to THEIR homes, had kids for 8 or10 days straight, we are just beyond wiped out!! Anyway, glad you like the photo, he selected it, had to be one of his!

Good news about your little buddy DJ!

Petunia Girl said:

Thank you, SK! His appt. went well. Still on the drops, seem to be keeping the glaucoma at bay for now, thankfully.

Oddly, it was the trip DOWN that was stressful. The trip back was fine.

I'm outta spoons tonight, SK, but it's so nice hearing from you. And BTW, love the photo of you here. You look so cheerful and you always perk me up.