Another newbie

Yes, you’re right, some people find that the amitriptylene is good for pain, especially nerve pain. That’s a pretty innocuous medication and definitely worth asking about.

Two Tylenol a day, no wonder you were finding it little help … ouchies. I can see the doctor’s concern, but being in pain is damaging in other ways. Sorry if I’ve forgotten, but how much mtx are you on? (And you’re having bloodwork every four weeks, right?) And as for the steroid, with your past experience I wouldn’t touch the stuff either!

There IS an end to what you are going through. There really is. You just don’t know when it’s going to happen. OK, that’s as bad as no end, but trust us. Things will get better.

I think you need to go to bed. And take the birthday boy with you. wink

Thanks seenie - that’s given me a lift (and a little giggle). I’m only on low dose - 15mg but not up to that level yet - started at 7.5mg so maybe I will up the tylenol a little. Will definitely go to clinic tomorrow and try to get something a bit more useful to see me through til something kicks in… Doesn’t help that I don’t even have the alcohol to numb the pain anymore!!

Hope you’re having a good evening and thanks again - just got to be patient … Not one of my strong points

Hi all

2nd dose of methotrexate taken today - upped it to 4 tablets, so will see how it goes! Inflammation seems to be spreading and is now in my knuckles of hand where wrist was bad! Saw doctor at clinic and he’s given me 3 different pain medications to try (not all at once!) codeine with tylenol, amitriptyline and lyrica - to be tried in that order!

Funnily enough after a week of excrutiating pain and very little sleep, last night got 4 hours and today pain is very manageable! Not trying to work out why, just glad of a little respite as was feeling very down. Hope you’re all well and not hurting too much

As always, Golfnut, it’s good news and bad news. That’s just the way it seems to be with this disease. Bad news in that you have inflammation building, but very good news that you have a doctor who is serious about helping you with your pain. Somewhere in that mix is a “sweet spot” where you will be able to sleep enough, and your pain will be tolerable until your rheumatologist gets this monster under control.

Wishing you well, Golfnut, and hoping that you have a bright and enjoyable holiday season!