Rolled out of bed. Feet hit the the floor and back down I went

Started having trouble with my feet not only internally but appearance as well. Is this Something anyone else has had trouble with and what helps. Don’t go back to my dr til aug so was look for some advise til then.

What part of your foot?
I always roll out of bed slowly and usually have hands on headboard for stability and slowly let my legs take over. I am never sure whether feet, knees or hips will not be happy. This way, I can get my “sea” legs and start day.

The whole front half

TheMatt said:

What part of your foot? I always roll out of bed slowly and usually have hands on headboard for stability and slowly let my legs take over. I am never sure whether feet, knees or hips will not be happy. This way, I can get my “sea” legs and start day.

I have more pain in the heel and achilles tendon. But I have had tendinitis on the top of both big toes extending into the foot for over 20 years. It is just a matter of starting slow for me and being mindful of how I walk, kind of shows I wear, etc. To keep foot happy.

I would also suggest seeing a podiatrist. I learned the hard way when it comes to feet only trust a DPM.

Hi Alleycat,

Sorry to hear of this happening to you. I believe the first thing I would do would be to call my Doctor's office, tell them what has happened, ask that this info be passed on the the Dr, and that either you would like to see him before or allow him to decide if he wants to see you sooner than August. If nothing else, you can ask to be contacted if someone cancels, just in case he is booked.

My Rheumatologist was the one who noticed more swelling with my left foot and leg and had x-rays taken. Bone spurs and joint damage was found on the ball of the foot joint area, ankle, knee. As for the foot, most of the pain is on the bottom, but sometimes is also on the top.

I have found that soaking that foot in very warm epsom salt water or Dr Schools bran and iodine helps to soothe, then I rub it with Sports Cream, a good OTC cream that will help with pain. I think that rubbing it in is as beneficial as the pain reliever itself.

I have never been to a podiatrist, but that sounds like a good idea to me.

Hope that you are feeling better, and that this is only temporary.

Hugs,

SK

Every one comes to the age when they wear socks with sandals, just some earlier than others.

What you are describing is actually pretty common with PsA. it prett much SI related, You can work it out a bit stand o your tip toes etc. You an also lay on your back and pull up your knees towards your chest and roll a bit from side to side. You might try sleep with a pillow under your knees

After a while, most of us after a few years have developed a morning" pre-flight routine," where we unflold unbend stretch out check for potential problems etc before we ever get out of bed.

I over slept a few years back and skipped it. Broke my wrist when I hit the floor. Not a bad thing though the strap on splint a I got is just perfect for sleeping when the wrist is flaring. feels great in the morning....