Pubic bone pain

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has gone through or is currently experiencing pubic bone pain. I have been in a lot of pain for a few weeks now and my rheumatologist has arranged MRI if lumber, sacrum and pelvis. Started suddenly with SI joint pain, buttock pain and thigh pain, this has now settled but the pubic bone pain is getting worse, any help or info would be most appreciated

Ouch! I don’t remember anybody ever mentioning this before. PsA attacks both joints, and the places where muscles/ligaments attach to bone. I’m no physiologist, but when I google the anatomy of the pelvis, I see both – a cartilaginous joint, kind of like the SI, and several ligaments. So why couldn’t PsA attack the pubic bone area? I did find one mention of inflammatory diseases such as ankylosing spondylitis inflamng that region, so why not PsA? Certainly one to ask your doctor. It sounds really nasty, sorry you’re experiencing this. Have you found anything that helps?

Seenie said:

Ouch! I don't remember anybody ever mentioning this before. PsA attacks both joints, and the places where muscles/ligaments attach to bone. I'm no physiologist, but when I google the anatomy of the pelvis, I see both -- a cartilaginous joint, kind of like the SI, and several ligaments. So why couldn't PsA attack the pubic bone area? I did find one mention of inflammatory diseases such as ankylosing spondylitis inflamng that region, so why not PsA? Certainly one to ask your doctor. It sounds really nasty, sorry you're experiencing this. Have you found anything that helps?

Hi seenie thanks for you reply. Had an awful night even oramorph won't control my pain. I have been doing some research myself and it seems that the pubic bone and its surrounding structures can fall prey to this delightful condition!!!!! My MRI scan is due this week and will post results once iv received them, hopefully this may offer some insight if anyone else is going through this, for now rest and pain medication is all I can do, once again thanks for your reply x

It must be something wicked if oramorph doesn't control it. I'm so sorry.

Yes, you must have been looking at the same resources I was. A google for pelvic bone pain revealed "rheumatic diseases" as being one of the possible causes. An MRI will hopefully explain more.

Does heat or ice help? Yikes ... just the thought of it "down there". :-(

Oh my! I don't know what else to say. Maybe a nice gentle warm heat, like us gals would choose for cramps?

Hi Jules thanks for your reply, its nice to know I'm not facing this on my own, my family and friends are wonderful but not having experienced this disease they are not able to totally understand the pain. Warm baths are a help however it's very painful to get into the bath at present. But I will keep trying whatever I need to thanks for support

I have had pelvic bone pain with PSA. Though I don’t ever remember it being that bad. I got it right where that cartilage or joint is in the fromt of the pelvis and where the perineal tendons attach. I use Celebrex, Tylenol or Vicodin, hot soaks and my husband helps me out of the tub. I also sit on a variety of pillows as hard surfaces makes it hurt. I had a really difficult birth so when it first started I thought it was related to that. When the perineal tendons became shorter and wider and distended I realized what it is. It does respond well when I get the PSA under better control. I have tried heat which helps but never ice! Oh Seenie yuck!

Just this week I have exprienced pelvic pain for the first time. Annoying but not too bad...sounds like I have been lucky. For me it started after a flare up of feet, knee hip and SI joint pain, corresponding tendons all acting up and shin splints joining the party. I hope it improves for you soon.