Per·se·ver·ance

I am seeing that, at 64, Diane Nyad is closing in on her long fought goal of reaching Florida from Cuba. I am inspired. She has no doubt faced some of the greatest difficulties one can. I am proud to be a woman and a human today. Usually the news is not that good. But it makes me think that through adversity we still have so much to do. So I am going to get on doing it. How about you?

I also am inspired by Diane Nyad today. What she persevered through on this swim and previous swims is amazing. Her journey makes me feel like I *can* do more, even though it is in tiny steps, just like she swam the whole way one stroke at a time.

Isn't that right Marietta? Sometimes the 5th time is the charm!

I was a distance swimmer in high school 500 yards 20 laps 5 minutes, 17 seconds. I think that's all I had and I was 17.

I can't imagine what she did and 64 years old. She is an amazing courageous person.

Marietta said:

I also am inspired by Diane Nyad today. What she persevered through on this swim and previous swims is amazing. Her journey makes me feel like I *can* do more, even though it is in tiny steps, just like she swam the whole way one stroke at a time.

I find her very inspiring too. But I also feel small in comparison. I think I need to give myself credit for living with and dealing with PsA every day. It is not winning, I am! It is my own personal marathon; I am in it for the long run.