Omg! wow! whoally heck!

The biologics scare me. I've been trying to avoid them. They sound scary. But if it could help the fatigue, I'd do it. I hate the fatigue. I have made an appointment with another rheumatologist. i am hoping i connect with her a little better than my other doc. And I just may have to look into the Enbrel. Living like this is awful.

Sharon99 said:

I understand what you are saying. How the heck did I go from being a competitive karate student to asking about a cane???? It takes a while to grasp what you are up against, and I am still working at it, but I think we will all find something that works if we keep positive and keep moving. No, running is probably not smart, but swimming is excellent.

Have you tried the drugs like Enbrel? I have to say that has improved my fatigue incredibly. I still have spine pain but it is better and not having the fatigue has been a miracle!

thanks for the reassurance. those are definitely issues that i'm worried about. i'm trying to get into a new rheumatologist and hoping for some new tips/relief.

tntlamb said:

Is there a particular reason you are scared of the biologics, pippy? Its got to be pretty significant to give up your life and dramatically effect your time with children.

Don't let hype from the folks selling "natural remedies" peppering the internet scare you. There are professional firms who do nothing but "salt" sites.

Fact: Of the three classes of drugs used to treat PsA the worst side effects long term come from NSAIDs followed by DMRDs and then the Biologics. The worst long term effects and most certain effects come from no treatment.

Fact: There is no higher incidences of Cancer with the Biologics than the general population in broader studies

Fact: The incidence of serious infection with Biologics (those requiring hospitalization) are NO HIGHER than the general population.

Fact: Disability income (SSDI) for most, is lower than poverty level but not low enough to qualify for medicaid so your medical expense for the first 2 years is out of pocket UNLESS you can devote as much as 50% of your diusability payment for porivate medical insurance.

Fact: Well over 90% of patients seeking treatment get dramatic improvement, and can live a "normal" life (with adjustments)

Fact: Dealing with this disease is a B***, but it can be done. We are all in it together