Mothers & daughters

MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY 25 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IS FALLING APART. SHE RESENTS ME BECAUSE I CAN'T MAKE PLANS AHEAD OF TIME BECAUSE I NEVER KNOW HOW I WILL BE FEELING. I WISH THERE WERE SOME WAY SHE COULD UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO HELP HER BY TAKING CARE OF HER CHILDREN. SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE THAT I AM UNABLE TO GET OUT OF BED AFTER TAKING CARE OF THE GRANDKIDS FOR EVEN ONE DAY LET ALONE IF THEY SPEND THE NIGHT.

I can relate to what you wrote. I feel hurt when I think my daughter doesn’t empathize with my condition. But I know how scared she is when she sees me as weak or sick. And our daughters will always want us to take care of them and by extension the grand kids. I’m having a hard time accepting that I may be disappointing my kids. Had thought I was invincible and maybe they did too! I really liked your advice about resting up before and after being with the grand kids. This is a whole new way of life to adjust to! Would it help to give your daughter some literature about PsA?

Hi ChelseanNY

I have sent my daughter PsA information via e-mail. It helped my daughter and her husband understand a little better when they saw a television commercial with pro golfer Phil Mickleson, who also suffers with PsA. Celebreties with illnesses reach people better than any other information out there. I was never able to explain Fibromyalgia to my dad, then Lyrica started having commercials on t.v. After my dad saw these commercials he was kinder when I was unable to attend some family functions.