MAT's Positive Thought For Today

Was in Raleigh for my daughter's baby shower this weekend. My city girl maried a country boy (who is quite a cutie by the way and I could not be happier). Went to the land he and his brother own (25 acres) and we were exploring. Craig's cute 5 year old nephew who has juvenile diabeates reached out and took my hand to help me explore the property and the house his parents are building and his tree house (which by the way my brothers would have killed for if they had had one like this) because he didn't want me to miss anything! He did think my shoes were not right for living in the country or walking around and he knew his Auntie Deb's mommy had problems walking with or without shoes. His words, not mine.OK, I am trying to get over my shoe obession. We had a great time and went back to his parents for lunch. I watched this little boy pull out his tester and test his blood sugar to see what he could have for lunch without either of his parents telling him to do so. And then this little boy chose the right foods to eat. I was so impressed! Sometimes I think that all we think about is our disease, but I spent the day with a 5 year old who has a disease too. I was so impressed with his maturity and his ability to deal with his disease and I want to be like him! What about you? I know our disease is different, but don't we all want to beat it too?

YES! Thank you for the reminder...And, what a lovely day! Congrats on your new grandbaby! Now you can continue your "shoe obsession" in the baby shoe department...

What a great reminder that if life gives you lemons, make lemon aid. We can not let PA define who were are as we are so much more than this illness. Thank you for the reminder. Oh I wish I could show you my new pair of John Fluevog shoes that just arrived. They are perfect for buck dancing and look awesome too.

Oh, I already have! I bought some of the cutest little outfits for the boys and of course no outfit is complete without the proper shoes!

4hooves4me said:

YES! Thank you for the reminder...And, what a lovely day! Congrats on your new grandbaby! Now you can continue your "shoe obsession" in the baby shoe department...

Well this is my post and while I have had the metho headache (from way down below) it wasn't really a bad day. I spent my work day testing a new account I am starting to install om 2/18 and while it was a challenge it went OK. I am excited about this install as it is in McCall ID and for those of you who have never been there it is a beautiful resort area and I highly recommend it. But I would definitely go in the spring/summer not in the winter, unless you are one of those people who love several feet of snow and skiing (I am a skiier but this snow is unbelievable) and can navigate yourself around in it unlike a Southern girl who is not going to do well in this, but my account is going to pick me up at the Boise airport and drive me there so I don't have to deal with it, their suggestion, not mine!. YEA, think I am going to love this account!

Best of all, this is my short week, I only work until 2:00 every day but then I am on call this weekend. Yuck!

Hope Got to come home early and just chilled out. My husband joined a gym for us today so tomorrow after I get home its off to a workout for us and hopefully a swim for me. My nonwswimmer husband married a former lifeguard and swim instructor. Hehe.

My quote for today is something I totally stole from someone else and I don't know who it is so please don't report me but I thought it was great. I am so giving credit to whomever said it, I just don't know who it was! "Today will never come again, Be a blessing, Be a friend, Encourage someone. Take the time to care. Let your words heal and not wound." Just thought it was a great saying and something I know I should live by!

Hope everyone has a great day, I am off to hopefully get in an 8 hour nap!

That's a nice quote, MAT. It's been a hard week, and I didn't think I could muster the energy to get to a class I'm auditing at the nearby university. I've lost a lot of weight, and I couldn't find a pair of jeans that came close to fitting....blah, blah,blah. But I forced myself to go, and felt a lot better interacting with people and learning interesting things. The "kids" in the class, as well as the professor, are all young enough to be my children, and I make a point of telling them that a comment they made or a presentation they did was good or helpful. Sometimes I tell the professor what a good lecture he gave. It's surprising how little positive feedback most people get, and how little energy it takes just to be kind and encouraging and give some positive feedback.

The snowdrops are in bloom, some of the primroses are open, a few of my hellebores (ones that I bred through hand-pollination) are in flower, and tomorrow I hope to get a little gardening done if the weather cooperates.

I'm glad that it's a short week for you, MAT. You're right, Julittle, it's good to make conscious decisions about how we define ourselves. I'm glad your cool shoes came. 4hooves4me, my youngest grandchildren (two two-year-old girls) are now too big for me to crochet them cute booties, but they will have fun at the shoe store, and I can find some new crochet patterns.

Hope tomorrow is a good day for everyone.

That's exactly what I have told my children! My son is a Type 1 diabetic and my daughter also has PSA. But everyday we get up, put a smile on our faces and choose to LIVE a good life.

Wow! Great story!! We can definitely learn from kids! :-) Thanks for sharing!

The crocus are blooming and I can get down to really admire them, which I couldn't do before I started medication last year. I'm glad researchers have come up with the biologic drugs (like Enbrel, Humira, Remicade, etc.) because they offer so much hope.

My sister-in-law has stage IV breast cancer. At stage III, she had chemotherapy and radiation therapy, but new tumors kept showing, being treated, and then more new tumors. She has been on a biologic drug (not one that we use for PsA, but like the other biologics, it actually gets in the cells and tells them to behave) and her last two scans were clean. We heard today that her third came back clear! Hooray!

Can I add a positive to your thread? From my son yesterday, he’s nine & a very serious, quiet kid. At his book club, they each wrote a precept for living - his was - “Life is great. Don’t waste it.”

It went straight to my heart. Just the message I needed. Today, I’m going to find joy in each and every second.

RB, you are obviously doing a FANTASTIC job in your parenting...And what a wonderful kid! Every second...
RB said:

Can I add a positive to your thread? From my son yesterday, he's nine & a very serious, quiet kid. At his book club, they each wrote a precept for living - his was - "Life is great. Don't waste it."

It went straight to my heart. Just the message I needed. Today, I'm going to find joy in each and every second.