Lower back locked on me

Last night I was so happy, I worked outside, planted stuff, I was able to lift soil and dig some small holes.
I even climbed the stairs to my bedroom without hanging on the railing.
I got to my bed leaned on it to kick my pants off and my lower back popped and felt like it locked.
Pain was excruciating. Couldn’t get in to see a Chiro until tomorrow, but wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
I always have low back pain but never it lock like that.
Is this PsA or something else?

Michelle

Oh, no! HUGS! I hope you feel better soon. I've had similar things happen, but not sure if it was PsA or something else.

Thanks Nym

nym said:

Oh, no! HUGS! I hope you feel better soon. I’ve had similar things happen, but not sure if it was PsA or something else.

Ouch! Is it any better? Hugs.

Hi Michelle,

It sounds as though you 'overdid it'! I am guilty of that too, I want to do what I always did and planting flowers is a favorite. It happens to me all the time, unfortunately, bending and car riding will get me quicker than anything. My Rheumy just looks at my fingers, knees, and feet, I tell him that my back is the killer, 100 times worse than anything else. I hope that your DC can quickly set you straight. Mine told me that when the pain is unbearable to put heat on for 20 minutes, then follow with ice, for 20 minutes, like a bag of frozen peas that will fit the spot. I was very surprised how much it did help. He said you should never use heat for more than 20 minutes, especially heat that comes from an electrical source, like a heating pad. I have found that if I throw the sheet and blanket in the dryer for 5 minutes, and let it sit there a minute before climbing in that it is very soothing and there is nothing to turn off.

Hope you are feeling better!

SK

For the die-hard gardeners out there: I have one of those tools that help you weed standing up. It works great and saves my back. You step down on it, pull it up, then squeeze the handle to release the weed and its roots in a bag. My right hand does not work so well (I'm a righty), but I can use my left hand for this. I got mine at an Ollie's Bargain Outlet for about $12 a few years back.