Latex allergy anyone?

Hi, Im wondering if anyone else suffers from latex allergies? I have always been allergic, I think. I thought everyone's lips tingled and got swollen from blowing up balloons as a kid. :-(

My rheumy recently uped my embrel to 2 x's a week. Since then, my allergy has really taken off. Im having issues with strawberries, pineapples, grapes, raisins, and avocado. Prior banana was the only fruit that I did have problems with. So it seems the load of embrel is exacerbating my allergies.

Im just curious if anyone else has this issue. thanks for your input and "listening".

How are you injecting the Enbrel? People allergic to latex shouldn't use the sure-click or prefilled syringe as the needle cover of the prefilled syringe and sure-click autoinjector contain latex. It's not uncommon for people with latex allergies to have increased allergic reactions to things they're sensitive to when they repeatedly come in contact with latex.

Banana allergies are common in people with latex allergies, as they're from a rubber plant. There are other latex-food syndrome allergens, including avocado, chestnut, tomato, potato, eggplant, kiwi, papaya, melon, pineapple, wheat, passion fruit, cherimoya, mango ... and others. Some people with latex-food syndrome also have reactions to pesticides used on fruits such as strawberries, grapes, blueberries, etc.

Can you still get the mix it yourself Enbrel?? IF you have a latex sensitivity it is not like an allergy IT IS MUCH WORSE. Talk to your doc ASAP.........

I am using the mix it yourself kit. went to an allergist yesterday. running bloodwork to determine the extent of my allergy. cant test for latex so testing foods. gave me an epi pen and steroids. guess we will see. so far its not to the point of epi pen…hope it stays that way!
Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them!