Jury duty

I got a form for jury duty, it was a questionnaire asking if I was elnlegable to serve on jury duty. Panicky just thinking of sitting for hours on a wood chair with COVID19 wafting in the ventilation system… They had a waiver for medical, so I brought the form to my Rheumy, and she filled it out for me. The secretary said that is all she has been doing lately is send out Jury waivers! I guess they have a huge backlog of cases waiting to be tried in court, so are looking for a army of jurors to fill the slots, and all the rheumatological patients are sitting ducks!
This is something I would normally love to be part of, though I have never been asked in my 63 years, and now it is clearly to late in the game for me. I could just imagine having chronic fatigue hit when hearing a case, and collapsing in the chair…

1 Like

Probably a good move to decline. I don’t think that you would be told how long your day could be and who knows if that day will be a good one or a flare etc.

2 Likes

Couldn’t think of anything worse - but the mis-trial as a result of you collapsing on the chair might have hit the media!

2 Likes

sounds wonderfully like a tv film, but the air conditioning part is certainly not worth the thrill maybe a winter session later in the year

1 Like

Since COVID19 is airborne in the ventilation system might not be good even in the winter…

1 Like

let us hope virus will die out by end of the year. In Italy shielding policies for immune suppressed and infirm workers have protracted right to work from home for a large sector of the population, and civil servants. The situation is iffy considering tourism is such a big engine for the country so the heat and holidays may bring back a large quota of infection which had abated with social distancing policies. Nobody really knows what to do globally it seems, but some theorize natural end of infection rate, although other immunologists say the opposite.

1 Like

Italy looks to be doing very well, hopefully it will stay that way!

California is still going up and up, but the deaths are going down.

1 Like