I've reached a breakink point

Last time I was here was because I had lost my baby, it wasn’t deternined if arthritis and the medication had anything to do with it. I failed ti seek psych support then and now Cimzia has stopped working. I’m back to an “inbetween” of medication and my body is giving up bit by bit. I am at the end of my rope, tired beyond what I could imagine and still ressenting life for the loss of ShyBaby. I don’t know how one asks for psych help… we don’t have a family doctor so I’m a medical drifter. Feel like it would be fine if I ended up in a coma until there is a cure. I’m staring on Cosentyx when my insurance agrees but today is the worst for years. I feel like lying on the floor in a heated blanked and wait until I die from pain or hunger. If anyone can direct me to a bilingual psychologist that knows our kind of pain in the Quebec City region i’d be grateful. I’m willing to consult online or on the phone as well.

I’m so sorry you’re hurting. Please continue to reach out. You are not alone. I’m in BC, but searched for therapists in Quebec, and this seemed to have options: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/state/Quebec.html

Or this…http://www.theravive.com/cities/qc/counselling-quebec-city.aspx

Thanks Aspin! Most of them are in the Mtl region, 3hrs ride from my home but i’m pretty sure they can direct me toward someone in Qc. It is so hard finding someone who will listen to my rant in english here. It is just easier for me to find the words even if i’m bilingual. GOD!!! My head and body HURT! Make it go away… please…

Sorry it’s so hard right now. I am in Australia so no help with local counsellors in your part of the world but good on you for deciding to give it a go. I have found it very helpful. Best wishes

Hi ShyWarrior,

I so sorry for all that you are and have been going through. I looked into mental health providers in QC and it is tough to find info online. Without a referral from your family doc it might take a little digging. The Quebec branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association has some info here and you can certainly make a call to them as a first step. Any chance you can call your rheumy for a referral??

We all know the insidious link between the disease and depression and I implore you to reach out for help. It might take a while to get connected but in the meantime the CMHA does have a helpline you can call (418.529.1899). And, as I am sure you know, you have the right to request services in English if that’s the best choice for you.

Keep coming back to us here, Shy. We will do our level best to help.

Shy, There are lots of people here who “get it”, and I’m really glad that you have reached out to us. Here’s another idea for you: call these people. That service is available 24/7, and besides being good to talk to (they are great for getting it off your chest) they will have a route to refer, especially for urgent cases. Please pick up the phone and reach out to them.

Janeatiu is right about the strong link between depression and this disease (not even taking into account your terrible loss). It’s very much so for me, and I know how awful it is.

ShyWarrior, please keep in touch and tell us how things are going for you. Will you promise to do that?

We are thinking of you.

Seenie

Shy, where do you live in QC?

Hi ShyWarrior,

How are you today?

1 Like

Shy, please touch base with us. We’re concerned about you.

Hi ShyWarrior. Just checking in. Wondering if you were able to speak to someone in your city?

Hello to you all! Thank you for the warm wishes and confort!
I have been hospitalised for a couple weeks after another bad flare. They also provided mental support and overall it was decided I would be better if I stayed a bit and focus on getting better without distractions.
I’m back home. Just started Cosentyx and I’m on leave from work for a while. Still working on getting better.

Once again THANK YOU! Sorry I got you worried, I was forbiden online access and just got all your messages today. I still have a thousand e-mail to go thru but I’ll update more often. Much love!

2 Likes

Hi ShyWarrior, I am glad you found some support in hospital. I’ve been thinking about you & your post but haven’t replied before because everything I thought of writing sounded so feeble and clumsy. All I can say is heartfelt best wishes to you.

Glad to hear that it’s going well after (and during, from the sounds of it) a particularly bad patch. Stay strong!

Shy, thank you so much for letting us know. I’m so glad that you got the care that you needed. You do know, don’t you, that PsA inflammation can cause depression, aside from the other havoc it can cause us. You sound so much better than you did!
All the best to you. Stay in touch!
Big hugs…

Wonderful to hear from you, and glad you are ok :slight_smile:

Still doing well! It is good to not be working. I finaly have time to do basic stuff like laundry and just take time for myself. I feel a bit lonely because Mr. Shy is away for work for a few weeks. I’m grateful for the few friends I have.

Cosentyx seems to be slowly working but I 'm not sure if it is the meds or the rest I got for the past weeks. Hopefully it is so when I get back to work it will keep going well.

Thank you for the great community you guys are offering. You have been a good support through this hard patch.

4 Likes

All and every little word helped! Thank you!

2 Likes

You’re so very welcome, Shy.
I started to write this a while back and only just discovered it now! I’m so sorry…how are you doing now?