Hydronephrosis

Hi people, I’ve had an MRI and it’s shown bilateral Hydronephrosis on my kidneys. Has anyone else had this and what treatments did you have to resolve the problem . Is it somehow connected to the PsA ? Thanx

Never had it, nor do I know anything about it, Phillylou. But it doesn't sound a bit nice. What kind of symptoms were you having that led to the MRI and diagnosis?

So I had no idea what this was. I looked it up and here is the info that I found - https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/hydronephrosis

I think a lot of things lead back to PsA one way or another but I wouldn't have thought there was a direct connection. I may be wrong.

You must have that "not another thing" feeling. Have doctors discussed the possible causes and treatment with you? Sorry to hear this Phillylou, I hope it's something that can be treated and remedied PDQ.

Hi seenie, I had the MRI on my lumber spine while they were investigating my scoliosis & spinal stenosis . All due to the PsA & the OA . Will be seeing my GP next week to discuss treatment X

Seenie said:

Never had it, nor do I know anything about it, Phillylou. But it doesn’t sound a bit nice. What kind of symptoms were you having that led to the MRI and diagnosis?

No I'd not heard of it either but I see one of the causes listed is any disease which can cause inflammation of the urinary tract and PsA is certainly capable of that.

Good luck with your GP appointment Phillylou. Keep us posted.

Thanks Jules , and everyone else who took the time to reply. X

Phillylou, ask your docs about the possible connection between hydronephrosis and PsA and see what they say. So many of us have had ailments seemingly unrelated to PsA (especially when we were still undiagnosed) only to find out later that it's our old "friend" at work. And do let us know how the docs weigh in on the question.

What the plan for treatment? Or are you on a "wait and see"?

Hi seenie , WELL, according to my info the kidneys will need to be drained of excess urine via a normal catheter or one directly into the kidney ! Neither of which I’m keen on as you can imagine. I’m hoping there may be some new diuretic that may make me pee for England for a few days instead . My new GP is not particularly clever so I can only hope she’ll send me on to a higher power lol x