"Gripper Snaps" Are Such A Pain!

OK, so in the South we call the snaps on babies clothes gripper snaps, you guys may call them something different but they are the snaps on all of the legs and fronts that you close babies clothes up with. For someone who has major PSA in their hands it is a real pain - in more ways than one!

Just spent the most wonderful weekend with Deb, Craig and the boys but every time Deb would throw a diaper to me to change one those wiggly little boys they would be still long enough for me to get the diaper on but got so annoyed that it took me so long to get them snapped back up - they were rolling and moving and walking it was impossible to get them all snapped up! I spent the weekend tackling my babies!

Sigh, it was fun but makes me realize how much my hands restrict me from every day activities. The boys finally got to the point they would let me change their diaper but when it came time to put their clothes back together they would just start saying No, No and shake their heads and go off to someone else.

I am not complaining, just making an observation that how sometimes the simple task of dressing a toddler can be tough for some of us. Just like any task can be tough for us does not matter what it is. I finally found a way to hold them down and get them dressed, it just took a little imagination! So I guess what I am saying is don't let your restrictions get you down, this disease is a beast but don't let it get you down. I did for a long time and these people on this site helped me see my way out and become the person I am today learning to live with this disease and am doing great!

Thanks to the many people who I have met here and for all of your support, I could not have made this journey without you!

By the way, those of you who know me, I have a really cute picture I will post shortly.

PsA presented in my hands when my son was just under a year old, so I'm well aware. Management of children is much easier now that my little one is nearly 7 1/2 years old, and my big one is almost 12. Now my biggest foe with the kids is doing hair and legos. But for legos, there is a tool that you can get that separates them. There's actually a tool or a helper for a lot of different items.

Glad you were able to enjoy the weekend with family.

I'd suggest taking the baby clothes to a friend who can sew to swap out the "Gripper Snaps" to velcro. First see if that works better for you before making the switch.

I know little buttons cause the same problem for me. Good luck!