Got my follow-up appointment

Arrived home today from my holiday (which has done me the world of good), to find a letter offering me an appointment with my consultant on 2nd October for my follow-up! I jokingly said this week that I wondered if I would return home to find an appointment, never thinking I would.

The drive home nearly killed me, though. Had to stop about once every hour to rest at a service station as fatigue was kicking in. Next time I will book an overnight stay to break the journey! :)

It's good to be home, isn't it? I'm sure you're releived to get an appointment with the doctor. Anything in particular you need to go over with them?

Hi! More pains seem to have appeared since seeing him in my elbows, feet and in my left side (which was so painful this morning I couldn't get out of bed). I am listing my symptoms for him in case I forget. The big problem is the fatigue. It seems to come on in waves.

GrumpyCat said:

It's good to be home, isn't it? I'm sure you're releived to get an appointment with the doctor. Anything in particular you need to go over with them?

Good news after a needed trip. Yes, fatigue is hard seems like I still have to get up often to keep from nodding off when I don’t want to. After finally starting a bio that is the number one improvement area for me. Predisone also makes sleep almost impossible at times! Left side rib, back and chest pain is my main involvement along with feet. I battle my hands and wrists often along with the random joints regularly but come and go. Quick appointment is good sign to a good prognosis and fight, congratulations hope it goes well.

Thanks, Rachael! :)

Rachael said:

Good news after a needed trip. Yes, fatigue is hard seems like I still have to get up often to keep from nodding off when I don't want to. After finally starting a bio that is the number one improvement area for me. Predisone also makes sleep almost impossible at times! Left side rib, back and chest pain is my main involvement along with feet. I battle my hands and wrists often along with the random joints regularly but come and go. Quick appointment is good sign to a good prognosis and fight, congratulations hope it goes well.

This is a really odd disease. This morning most of the pain is gone apart from a few minor pains, and I feel much better. Very odd.

What is it with journeys? Car & plane journeys can be easy-peasy or a complete wipe-out .... and it doesn't necessarily tally with how I feel beforehand. My husband never knows whether he'll be travelling with a nutter loudly singing along to the radio all the way or a zombie. I think he prefers the latter. Like you say - a very odd disease.

Very good news about your appointment! Are you going to prepare your questions and so on? It's often said that rheumys will take more notice of how the disease is affecting function rather than of pain alone. My rheumy took preemptive action one time by giving patients in the waiting area a function tick list. I imagined that my answers would paint quite a jolly picture, but thinking carefully about each item was revealing. I think we all unconsciously compensate for movements and tasks that are that bit harder than they were & therefore may not be aware of some limitations till they are itemised. I wish I had a copy of that list, but it was things like 'reaching for items on shelves'.

Haha, nutter or zombie!!! It's the same here! But, yes, stopping several times along the way is key, Coton Boy, or you'll lock up. When I go somewhere with Dave we usually take the pickup. Boy, do we crawl out of it carefully! We both look like a couple of 90-year olds sliding our bodies out of that truck. Glad you got an appointment--they're always something to look forward to! :-/

Nutter or Zombie - I love it! :)