Going downhill

In the past 5 weeks, I have become very week in legs, especially back of thighs. I also have been feeling dizzy, weak, sweaty, and exhausted, and very achy in legs and a little in hands which never bothered me in past. I can barely function and am very short of breath from walking even a few fit. Rheumy nurse thought more like heart than result of ra.
Primary physician feels it could be due to stress. I am agitated at home, suffering from horrid work env, and lost last of our dogs 5 weeks ago around same time I started getting this way. Lots of stress, depression, but I have never been so incapable of functioning. I am whipped out. I never experienced such weakness pain and fatigue with ra. My dr. Asked me to monitor my blood pressure over weekend and report back Monday. When I checked it was 153/82. I am usually less than 100/65. I feel myself get lightheaded more and more whenever I get the least bit upset. At work, it is about 5 times a day. I Aldo have about 5 panic attacks a well.

Does anyone know if this is strange or typical? Should physician be more concerned?

I t does not sound like it has anything to do with PsA to me. If your primary physician feels it is due to stress I would go with that. What does he suggest? an anti-depressant and counseling? I would make a plan with my primary and then work the plan. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you! Will do and will let you know how it goes!

michael in vermont said:

I t does not sound like it has anything to do with PsA to me. If your primary physician feels it is due to stress I would go with that. What does he suggest? an anti-depressant and counseling? I would make a plan with my primary and then work the plan. I hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like you may need some anti anxiety and/or depression meds That might help with your symptoms including your panic attacks and high blood pressure. I do think your GP should be more concerned and run some tests or do something to offer you relief.

I hope you feel better soon - your symptoms sound very uncomfortable especially the panic attacks - no need to suffer.