From an ache to intense, excruciating pain in 8 months?+&%$#

Oh Alexa, hope they have that 'run through the fields' med on the way to you, so you can run with your dear little one! There are just too many young parents being hit with this! Europe is just introducing 20 new AI drugs, Canada has several in clinical trials, so hang on there!

degenerative disk disease

Hi achy,

Nice of you to join in! I haven't had the pleasure of talking with you yet, love the photo! These old eyes are not sure if I'm looking at Italy, Holland or New England, but I'm with you!

I am guessing you are young too? Sorry to hear you also battle this, at any age.

Pain down your legs, Sciatica?

Son of a gun. I'm presuming the shots did no good. At any rate, it's good that you're now onto the real meds that will help to slow the disease down. As you can see, it's a fast acting, nasty bugger. So good for you for being pro-active. I hope the Humira helps you. Okay, not running through the fields after day one, but relief from the pain!!

Let us know how the Rheumy appt goes.

BuickBoy said:

Well it's another day, here we go again. At least I've already walked off the morn. pain and stiffness. Pet. I've actually had 2 shots into my lumbar spine back in Feb. I've already gone to the Rhuemy and presented to him the Dr. notes on all of my previous test, scans, and visits. Also gave 8 viles of blood. He diagnosed me as having PsA. Do to all of my pain he started me on Humira before my 2nd app. I see him tommorow a.m. for my follow up.

Well, Alexa, at least you're heading in the right direction and getting medical treatment. Hopefully the combined treatment will improve your health and take away some of the pain! And SK notes that Europe has 20 new AI drugs. That beats 3-4! Keep going, keep your spirits up! I know it's tough when you're in so much pain. But with so much knowledge being acquired in the medical field, it truly is only a matter of time before they find something to treat AI diseases, if not cure them.

Alexa35 said:

Hello BuickBoy. I totally feel your pain (literally). I had my first symptom (swollen red bruised ankles where I couldn't walk) in February of last year. I was on steroids for about 5 months (the only thing that would work) until they finally diagnosed me. As of now, it has progressed to my fingers, spine, and hips. It is really still painful. I have been on Humira for 8 months or so (with a few interruptions due to surgery, infections). The first time I was on it, I felt about 70% relief within 6 weeks, and then after the first time I had to stop and restart it was about 40%. Now, the 3rd time I had to stop and restart.....it's only about 10% relief. I'm adding Methotrexate (I put it off as long as I could) to the mix starting on Friday and I'm really pretty nervous but trying to stay positive. I guess I thought from the commercials it would be this miracle and with one shot I would be running through the field of grass......not so much! I had no idea it could progress so quickly or so painfully.